Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

How to remove the metal cable end from your coil.

oneton

To all who wants to remove the cable from the metal plug holder wonder no more this will work on cz and coinstrike coils for sure .Put the metal end in a vise just like the pic shows, then you see that hole up hi on the plug you will see a little push bar in that hole this is the lock that holds the black plug into the metal housing.Now push that little push bar in and pull slightly on the black pulg with a pair of plairs and it will slide out. That little push bar is made on the black plastic plug and it will come out with the plug. I think you can just slide the black plug back in line the push bar back up with that hole and it should snap back into place. bayou boy.

Great...just one thing.
Exactly why would someone want to do this?

Do this so you can slide the shrink wrap over the end of the cracked or broken cable,or maybe you had a wire pull out from your plug end. In my case my cable was cracked up so I could not slide the shrink wrap over the large plug so the plug has to come off and this is the way to get it off.

oneton said:
Do this so you can slide the shrink wrap over the end of the cracked or broken cable,or maybe you had a wire pull out from your plug end. In my case my cable was cracked up so I could not slide the shrink wrap over the large plug so the plug has to come off and this is the way to get it off.

Ahhh, to repair a broken cable.
Got it.

Thank you...I've been thinking about attempting this in order to route the cable on the inside of the shaft of my F70...drill a hole in the shaft near the bottom, and one up near the top by the box...I dont change coils, and never change the length of the shaft anyway...thought it would make for a really clean package...:clapping:
Mud

Glad I could help because I was scratching my head trying to figure this out with a little help from dan and a little added thinking I figured this out.