Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

how to rig batteries or PS 4TEST old excal sword logo

scrounger

i have a chance to buy an older 1995 sword logo style excal 800.for a cheap price.

the problem is the old nicad power pack is shot and wont hold a charge to test unit. i am not about to buy

if it isnt in working cond.i have it in my posession during a test period b4 i buy it.

any GEEKS about who could advise how to jury rig alkalines using duct tape and wire to make a temporary battery pack

for this old excal 800.? in effect creating a rigged version of the minelab back up AA unit.

i can solder but prefer tape. i would need a EZ PHOTO OR DRAWING cannot read schematics

You can use any Excal battery pod on there scrounger, but it just will not fit into the square hole with the beveled edges, savvy? At least you could run the unit see how she does. I'll betcha, if you solder a new 9V connection on the power head of the alkaline pod it will run again, sometimes they get corroded and it loses power there.

`thanks for the info but i do not have any other excal pods

im trying to figure out how to "mock up " one

i cannot take apart current pod as it isnt mine yet in which case its nicad not alkalines

Get an 8x alkaline holder (i don't mean a pod) and a couple of wires
like this one
and one of these
radio shack has them and cheap
you could also jury rig to your 12v car battery if its just for a test(maybe with a cigarete lighter plug or crocadile clips if you already have them)

I'll go with what Kered said. I'd just use an 8AA SERIES holder of some type. Use alligator clips to connect it to the Excal or whatever way works easiest. You could tape 8AA batteries together end to end and then hook up wires to the two ends to hook up but more hassle than just using a $2 battery holder from Radio Shack. Also, see the Excal battery thread to try to recover the bad pack.