Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

How To Set Up The Garrett ATX For Hot Rocks:detecting:

OK fair enough , but if that signal was a small bit of gold and you Ground balanced over it, would or could it it be Ground balanced out?

Our gold fields here in Aussie Land are littered with hot rocks and the ATX was giving a strong reaction to the rock in the vid clip which might indicate that the machine would go nuts in our extreme ground where the mineralisation changes every foot or so.

There are other ways to disc out hot rocks with the ATX. In the video he was using motion mode with no auto tracking engaged, so auto track will help when using non-motion mode while hovering over the suspected hot rock or target.
The are other methods also that will come out soon...like setting discrimination, etc...

Wouldn't this - "so auto track will help when using non-motion mode while hovering over the suspected hot rock or target." - also track out small gold and other small and/or deep targets?

I have to admit that the video concerns me - the fact that hot rocks make such a strong signal with a PI machine seems a bit odd, since PI machines, by definition, are designed to ignore most mineralization. I am further bothered by the fact that even after he ground balances over the hot rock, it still makes a signal. Only at the end of the video when he sweeps over it at 4+" above the ground (check the shadow) does the signal seem to disappear.

I love so many things about this new machine, but this issue is giving me some concerns. Adjusting discrimination to eliminate hot rocks doesn't seem good either - that will also typically diminish signals from small gold.

Anxiously awaiting more real field tests......

Yes I hear ya Goldchaser...I think that particular hot rock had a lot of iron in it, more so than "normal hot rock" ones...but time will tell...