Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

How to wire AT Pro Gray Ghost Amphian To 1/8 jack

docaudio

Does any one know how to wire Gray Ghost Amphibian for Garrett AT Pro headphones to 1/8 jack for the Equinox. I was looking a waterproof jack ebay and a not sure how to wire.
Thanks for any input.

Tony Eisenhower ( on Youtube ):does it. Turn around was a week. Workmanship is great as good as Minelab. Thanks Tony.

I have ordered a set of waterproof/submersible phones from Tony for the NOX 800. I haven't got them yet, probably a couple more week or so. It won't be long the temps will be high enough to go creeking.

I did this to my GGA, use the lower left hand diagram below. If I remember correctly it will be the red wire to the tip and the white wire to the ring and sleeve.

Grasp the 1/8” or 3.5mm gold colored male stereo connector between your thumb and forefinger. Turn it counterclockwise out of the connector until it threads all the way out.

Take your headphone cable and insert it into the cable gland end (hex nut) of the connector and push the cable all the way through.
Once the cable is through the connector shell, strip ~ ½” of the cable covering off. Then strip ~1/8” of insulation off each wire. On most other typical headphones, the “tip” is the white wire, the “ring” is the red wire, and the “sleeve” is the black wire. You can verify this by using an OHM meter and checking each wire to the plug that you had cut off your existing headphones. Solder each of the wires to the gold colored metal connector as shown in the diagram below.

Prior to reassembly, plug the gold colored connector into the Minelab Equinox to assure the cable and headphone wires are soldered to the correct places and the headphones operate correctly with the Equinox.
If the sound does not work correctly and you continue to hear sound through both the Equinox speaker and the headphones, you would need to combine the ring & sleeve wires by putting a jumper across the ring & sleeve wire positions on the connector.

Once correct operation has been assured, crimp the cable into the connector strain relief and
you can reassemble the connector. Many people pack the inside of the connector with grease or use epoxy in the final assembly to avoid possible water contamination if the connector were to leak.

Lastly, tighten the cable gland nut on the end of the connector onto the headphone cable.

I cut off the ATP plug off a set of GG Amphibians I had and wired them to a 1/8" mono plug that is housed in what was an extra CTX waterproof plug I had.
I pulled all the CTX plug pins.
Drilled a center hole large enough to fit both wires.
Cut the longest 1/8" plug terminal so when inserted into the CTX plug the collar on 1/8 mono plug would be only a smidge recessed, maybe fingernail depth. To far recessed and the plug won't insert far enough to work.
I put both wires thru the connector, soldered to mono plug, put some electrical tape between wires for added insurance they didn't short.
Put 5 min epoxy in the front half of the connector then pushed the collar to the slightly recessed position and let it set up.
Once set I added a small amount of epoxy into the hole with the wires.
Lastly I assembled the back half and tested.
Probably took me longer to type these steps than complete the work, except epoxy setup.
Good project if you're a tinkerer and very similar to Tony's method except he keeps two of the CTX pins for soldering... Headset to pins then pins to mono plug.

I bought a 1/8 mono water proof plug to fit Equinox off ebay . I have a Gray Ghost Amphibians for Garrett AT pro . The Gray Ghost only has 2 wires [ a red wire and Black}. I wired the red wire to tip and ring , black to the sleeve. No sound at all onthe Equinox. I plugged it into a portable CD player and maybe 20% volume but not much. Regular headphone
work nice and load in the Equinox and CD Player. Is there a volume restriction on the Gray Ghost Amphi for the AT PRO. I also tried wiring the ring to the sleeve and black to the tip and that did not work at all.
Any help would be Great.

I used a standard mono plug with 2 solder terminals. Pressed it into the Equinox and there was no sound from the speakers. It didn't matter which wire , black or red, I attached to the terminals my Garrett GG HPs worked fine.

Anyone sort this out yet?
I'm having the same problem, works great on the wireless module but no sound when I plug into the machine.
been searching the forum with not much luck?

Look above and wire as in the diagram. It works for me. Using a MONO plug does the same thing as the "short" between the ring and sleeve.
If not done properly there will be no sound in the headphones and or the speaker may or may not be cut off. The normal was is to have the speaker
turned "OFF" when using wired headphones. Some headphone have been said to yield very low volume. GG Amphibians are great, for me.