Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

how to work salt mode?

Been a while on this forum. love my MXT. i have the 950, 4x6, and 5.3 coils. two months ago i went to Jacksonville Florida for the wife to have tests at the Mayo Clinic Jacksonville. i did a very very short beach hunt. it was sanded in i know, went to the beach every summer on Georgia coast as a kid with relatives. high sand mounds at waters edge. . it just did not perform very good. i had to be with the wife the main concern and reason we were there, so hunt was not but 30 minutes. a little change in the towel line dry sand. lots of falsing LOTS OF FALSING. We live mid state Georgia so no salt water to practice in.

we go back soon. we will not be staying on the beach but minutes away, and i hope i get one beach hunt at evening/night with the MXT.

Can you good folks give me a crash course? i read and re- read the manual. some sites have all the negative without much explanation. if it stinks.. then explain why is my way of doing things. if there is a way or better way i am willing to listen. be nice to pay for the trip with a honker gold..

thanks Carey

Hi 57, When you are hunting the beach, put the MXT in beach mode, move ground down to ground and bob the coil a few times to get a good balance, then put in lock. When you move from dry sand to wet sand you must do it again. Hunt the dry sand first, then reground and hunt the wet. If you go from dry to wet then back to dry, the salt changes things. Try that and see if you do better. Hope I said this wright, good luck, the MXT dose a good job for me.

Flintstone said:
Hi 57, When you are hunting the beach, put the MXT in beach mode, move ground down to ground and bob the coil a few times to get a good balance, then put in lock. When you move from dry sand to wet sand you must do it again. Hunt the dry sand first, then reground and hunt the wet. If you go from dry to wet then back to dry, the salt changes things. Try that and see if you do better. Hope I said this wright, good luck, the MXT dose a good job for me.
+1

and...if you get a lot of falsing in the wet, reduce gain. Using the relic mode trigger in center is doing it for me (2Tone ID).
Good Luck

Thanks guys we were at the Mayo clinic in Jacksonville Florida. Have at least one more overnight trip tomm but once again torrential rains probably going to do me in. Was high surf this last week and blowing sand. That and attending to wife was the patient was more important. Did not get to go. And Monday note ain't lookin' good weatherwise . I live moderate Georgia, but was wanting to see if my MXT would do the salt.

Thanks for the tips. Hh Carey