Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

How well does it handle aluminum crud?

bugg

n/t

Slivers of aluminum are a challenge for pretty much any detector due to the wide range of sizes and shapes that it comes in . . . . and as a result, it tends to not have a single Target ID value that it will hit on each time. I have found that the sensitivity of the Deus does cause these pieces to hit stronger than on detectors that are not as sensitive to slivers like these but there are few things one can do to eliminate being bothered by them.

First, you can bump the DISC up to say "40" and still dig many gold targets and nickels

Second, you can use the NOTCH discriminate function to block out the numbers that are causing the problem at the specific location (and you can use multiple notches if needed . . . 3 are offered on the current version of the software)

Third, you can go into the audio frequency setup and adjust the break point for the tones so that the aluminum gives a distinctive tone.

Let me know if this answered your question or if you wanted more details on the options

Andy Sabisch

seperate the targets very well. Some machines seperate out nickels very well from tabs, other machines you have to dig alot of tabs , to get nickels.
Also does the machine hit on silver hard? Using the best frequency of course.

Bart your a G2 man how does the Deus compare speed wise to the G2?

i hope we are allowed to talk about other detectors here as most of us have NO other reference point.

BP

In answer to your questions . . . . . .

=========================================

Does the meter separate the targets very well. Some machines separate out nickels very well from tabs, other machines you have to dig alot of tabs , to get nickels.

On my recent trip through Virgina and Maryland I had the chance to do a good deal of coin hunting. I was running either the 12kHz or the 8kHz as conditions dictated but the 8kHz seemed to be the best of the two for the sites I was searching. What I found after 2 days of hunting in Maryland, I had found more nickels that dimes and quarters combined . . . . and it's been many, many years since that ever happened. A "53" was almost always a nickel even at depth and the aluminum tended to either jump based on the direction the coil crossed the target or was above / below the "53" point. It did an excellent job on nickels in that location as well as sites I've hit with different soil conditions in SC and GA.

Also does the machine hit on silver hard? Using the best frequency of course.

Again, opting for the 8kHz frequency seemed to perform better on coins - copper and silver - than the 12 kHz. Silver hit as well as copper coins . . . . . not a notable difference in response at similar depths between them . . . but it was surprising to see just how strong it hit at 8" to 9" Wheats and dimes . . . . . audibly it seemed much shallower but the icon on the screen and tweaking it a bit allowed one to gauge depth when digging.

Let me know if this answers your questions.

Andy