Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Howdy, does anyone have any comments on the size of the Vaquero housing?

Dimesworth

A few years ago I purchased a Garrett ACE 250. Ordered it on line from Kelly-co. When it arrived UPS, I was agast at the size of the housing. Now I must admit that I'm an old geezer and am used to lunchpail sized housings. My thinking was "those shysters sold me a kids toy". But, I was wrong. The darned thing worked pretty good - surprised me! Then I went down Cedar Avenue in Minneapolis to a place called Metal Detectors of Minneapolis. This is while waiting for my wife who was getting chemo-therapy at the University of Minnesota. We found out about a year ago that she has cancer. Anyway, I told the proprieter that I had read so much about the Vaquero, and was very impressed and wanted one of them. The guys name is Tom Mhyre, peach of a guy, gave me one heck of a deal, padded case and all. Well, got it home and tore it from the cardboard package and thought, "good grief, I did by a toy this time". Wrong again! This machine "and I'm not getting a dime from Tesoro for saying this" is one of the greatest little bitty machines I think I have ever owned. If it is anywhere as good in the ground as it is in the air test, I think I'll give James a call and see if I can buy some stock in that Arizona company. I'm truely amazed! But one thing I wish they would have done is to put the Vaquero in the Te'jon housing, so if later on I call James and beg for a mod, that there will be room for it in that little bitty housing. Dimesworth

Welcome to the world of Tesoro.

It is such a pleasure to run these machines, I got four of them.

Having fun with my Vaquero also.

HH,

Yep Dimesworth, modern microcircuitry (IC Chips & printed circuits) is truly remarkable
and a far cry from the old technology of big transistors! Tesoro's engineers were
the first to wake up to reality and designed their revolutionary umax models,
showing the rest of the industry that big box units were now unnecessary.
Tesoro will therefore continue to excel with all their products.
..W

I'll tell ya Wayne, it is remarkable. The Tesoro size is like something out of Buck Rogers that I used to read about 50 yrs. ago. I was out yesterday wading around in the plowed fields looking for meteorites in rockpiles; musta had 50 pounds of mud on my feet. Woke up this morning to an inch and a half of that white stuff on my lawn. Wish I lived in Texas like you, then I wouldn't have to wait for more snow to melt so I can use that Vaquero with those tiny miracles inside it. It isn't just the snow, the darned ground just started thawing and now it stopped. The weather was alot warmer last spring. Think I liked global warming better. Dimesworth

I really like my new V. Remember, dynamite comes in pretty small boxes:hot:

I did have a look inside a vaquero housing - 2 things struck me - there is a lot packed in there and there is no spare room !

I hear you, man. When the uMax format came out, I was skeptical. Like you, I suspected it of being a mere toy. And like you, was I ever wrong.
Im now waiting for Tesoro to put the Goldens TID in the Vaquero. Then I can die happy.

When I got my cibola about two years ago I thought the same thing and now I have a vaquero also that I use as my main machine and all I can say is Tesoro rocks!!