Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

How's the CZ-3D for :detecting:salt beach work ? ?.........

ivanll

Got a Sun Ray Invader FZ-12 coil that should match.

The knobs on the CZ-3D are more like that on the CZ-20 and it's an excellent detector, so I'm looking for a CZ-3D.

ivanll

In all metal mode a properly tuned CZ3D will match and sometimes best anything from Minelab.
If you run in salt mode with disc you will be amazed at what you'll find and how deep some targets will be.
Your 12" coil will work well but the i.d. on targets will not be quite as accurate as the 10.5" Fisher coil.
You might get an extra 1" of depth from the Sun Ray but you'll be guessing as to the target i.d. on deeper items.
Regardless of 10.5 or 12" coils, if you've got a hot CZ3D, get ready to dig at depths that will rival P.I. machines.
I hope you've got a good long handled scoop.
Best of luck to you,

CZ's excell in wet salt sand but make sure you ground balance in this enviroment..Would advise you to use the standard mode as its locked into the salt mode(CZ-3D)..As far as larger coils they do cover more area but are noisier as they a see a lot more area..Do remember can be variances from one salt beach to another or the same beach from day to day depending on what the waves bring in and some areas require lower sens. than on land...

Have a CZ3D,good detector but, big but, 4 of us hunters all went all in and bought CZ3D's, 3 are getting different detectors,and the other is waiting to send his in for repairs.Very heavy,you aint swinging it all day unless hip mounted. Now you got a cable to get caught in eveything thats in the woods. Dirt will get in the headphone jack, the sesitivity and ground balance knobs are always moving,your ground balance at 7 you look 10 minutes latter its on 0. enhanced mode can rarely be used because eveywere you search is loaded with trash, be a old farm or not. I have a CZ21 same machine. Time to upgrade. But what do we know

Going back to the original post without using a PI...a CZ or Sov. would be my choice as none better in a wet salt sand enviroment.

As far as drybones and your buddies good luck on your upgrade...

......not as many beach users of the CZ-3D as I had expected.

I shall do a little scouting and endeavor to to obtain one for personal use.

:cheers:

ivanll

I am using a CZ70 pro. I planned to use it normally on my last trip, but the grip/handle broke and I had to hipmout it to finish the trip. I didn't have much hunting time and found one gold and one silver ring. I have recently purchased the Fisher chest mount and plan to use it in freshwater with this set up. I hunted in disc and my targets sounded off great and a few were pretty deep. Good luck, but don't rule out a CZ70, CZ7, or CZ6a for beach hunting. You gain the splash resistant features with these. Remember the main think, "a bad day of beach detecting is better than a good day at work".

Don
HH