Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Human nature...something to think about !

poptop

In the years that I have been detecting, there is one thing that seems to stand out. I can't remember talking to hardly anyone where the main concern wasn't depth,depth,and more depth. The funny thing is, I haven't seen many use it.... even when they had it. Everybody wants a detector that will pick up a coin in China but nobody wants to dig a hole deeper than six inches. True or not???:lol:

I kinda think that you are correct, many folks ask how deep will it go. Most coins that I have found were at a depth of six inches or less, which tends to make me more concerned about target separation than depth of detection. This assumption is based on the soil condition where I live, which is mild mineralization and you do not dig very deep before hitting rock. Kelley (Texas) :)

It was....and you just won a fabulous, highly corroded 1996 Lincoln memorial penny that you can pick up at your earliest convenience. kelley, if we had oil here in N.C., you wouldn't need to drill for it....you could push a rope down to it and detectorist are still reluctant to dig over six inches.

most of the time when I hunt a pounded site, I find coins, deep, yes, but most at average depth and partially masked by trash/iron. One way of looking at it is good, the other sad, but Mr.Detectorist goes thru swinging his coil like he's in a nest of yellow jackets, not working the site slow and methodically, or overlapping.... All detectors and our brains, need the time to analyze what we are seeing and hearing....So, deep is good, as long as we are patient and take advantage of it....Too be honest, how the machine produces, is based more on the operater than the machine..not all, but most...Best to all, Richardntn

Well Tex, sense this is your first time winning and my first time hosting, I have decided to triple the prize. I can just see your eyes tearing up with happiness.:rofl: