Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

humble pie

TAFI125

I continually remind my wife when using her deus that her technique is sloppy. Thus when out on a well worked farm yesterday I worked my usual system of detecting in straight lines sticking to a detecting pattern. She wandered about , coil too far off the ground and then across a farm track to the edge of the next field...then...come and see this..she had found a 2000 year old gold celtic stater.. Nothing else there, she wandered off, then, oh Ive got a cut hammered coin. All I found was junk, but one last consolation was when I looked at her coin, it hadn,t been cut, it had snapped, recently. So when I checked the spot up popped the other half.
What I found strange to the whole episode was that these fields were pretty empty of finds and had been well searched yet shewandered Iin with her deus and pulled 2 nice finds.

TAFI, Its weird but I have the same luck at wandering "aimlessly" around. I do this to check an area for its worthiness to hunt.
When I make some good finds, I grid the area. Thats when I find a lot of useless trash before I find anything good again.
This has happens to me too often for it to be a coincidence, but I can't explain why it occurs.

It is the keepers of the earth, have you noticed just when you are about to call it quits for the day they will give one to you, sorta like a slot machine so you will come back again. I think they are lonely and want some company. now if I could figure a way to communicate with them maybe they will give up more of their trove of good stuff. lol. Please forgive my rambling just wishing I suppose.