Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Hundred Coin Day

LawrencetheMDer

It isn’t very often I have a 100+ coin day and the day was only 3 hrs long! But I’m more of a traditional water hunter where targets are far fewer and much further apart. Heck, I’ve gone at least ½ hour in the surf without a single solid signal at some very popular beaches! That’s another story.

I’ve been meaning to hit this particular out-of-the-way spot for several years but it posed certain challenges. However, given the recent dearth of people at the beach and fewer in the water along with hordes of MDers circling like mosquitoes, I decide to give this new spot a try. Any ways, I finally hit the spot today and I expected a lot of junk targets, particularly pull tabs and push tabs, but the overwhelming numbers shocked me. Think fully automatic fire arm (not semiautomatic) is how my detector was going off as it SLOWLY moved across the wet sand. The tide was coming in. It didn’t help I forgot to change from my standard 17” coil. Nevertheless, the Nox 800 had the ability to identify by sound or VID number many good targets buried in the sea of pull tabs. The pull tabs were running between VID #14 – 16 on my Nox 800. The settings are highly confidential; after 3 years I don’t remember them anymore. Back to the hunt, I quickly learned to ignore the #14 - 16 VID numbers. But the push tabs are what got me good; they ring-in at 17 – 18 which is the lower range for zinc cents on my machine. They also sound really good; easy to be confused with rings. I ended-up digging 49 push tabs in addition to 103 coins (34 coins/hr), 8 fishing weights and about 20 other junk targets, mostly bent pull tabs. Overall, I dug about 180 targets in 3 hours or 1 target a minute. Traditionally in surf I find about 6 coins/hr. Talk about a workout! [What helped speed the hunt was when the tide started to come in and I could shake-out the scoop in water rather then the old dump-kick-scan-kick etc routine. Also, most targets were +/- 3 inches deep.]

I know I missed a lot of good targets, in part, because of auditory masking from the multitude of pull tabs. I’m planing a return to the site and sound-null the 14-16 range to improve audio detection of the good targets. I covered about 20% of the site and I just know there are a few good rings to be found there but also know one thing for sure; I could never dig all the pull tabs...dang too many and life too short. I also didn’t have the right coil for the job. Plan to use my 11” coil the next time I attack the beast. [Too cheap to buy an even smaller coil.]

Happy Hunting

Gold/Platinum – 10

Silver – 17

Attachments

• Coins 020822.jpg
    Coins 020822.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 107
  • Push Tabs 020822.jpg
    Push Tabs 020822.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 100
100+ coin hunts over 3-4 hours plus scrap targets make for a good workout, sand or turf. Seemingly there should be some silver and gold in that spot. WTG! HH jim tn

You earned those 100 coins! lots of digging with all the pull tabs.. I lack that type of patience... but I am digging more trash now... as I notice lots of people now still finding silver...but not as many finding gold...

In the old days when I would hunt... the old timers back in the 80s... would say if you dig those nickels and pull tabs you will find gold...

Im looking outside at a mere coating of fresh snow, it was 58 yesterday. I hate you beach guys….. lol

It isn’t very often I have a 100+ coin day and the day was only 3 hrs long! But I’m more of a traditional water hunter where targets are far fewer and much further apart. Heck, I’ve gone at least ½ hour in the surf without a single solid signal at some very popular beaches! That’s another story.

I’ve been meaning to hit this particular out-of-the-way spot for several years but it posed certain challenges. However, given the recent dearth of people at the beach and fewer in the water along with hordes of MDers circling like mosquitoes, I decide to give this new spot a try. Any ways, I finally hit the spot today and I expected a lot of junk targets, particularly pull tabs and push tabs, but the overwhelming numbers shocked me. Think fully automatic fire arm (not semiautomatic) is how my detector was going off as it SLOWLY moved across the wet sand. The tide was coming in. It didn’t help I forgot to change from my standard 17” coil. Nevertheless, the Nox 800 had the ability to identify by sound or VID number many good targets buried in the sea of pull tabs. The pull tabs were running between VID #14 – 16 on my Nox 800. The settings are highly confidential; after 3 years I don’t remember them anymore. Back to the hunt, I quickly learned to ignore the #14 - 16 VID numbers. But the push tabs are what got me good; they ring-in at 17 – 18 which is the lower range for zinc cents on my machine. They also sound really good; easy to be confused with rings. I ended-up digging 49 push tabs in addition to 103 coins (34 coins/hr), 8 fishing weights and about 20 other junk targets, mostly bent pull tabs. Overall, I dug about 180 targets in 3 hours or 1 target a minute. Traditionally in surf I find about 6 coins/hr. Talk about a workout! [What helped speed the hunt was when the tide started to come in and I could shake-out the scoop in water rather then the old dump-kick-scan-kick etc routine. Also, most targets were +/- 3 inches deep.]

I know I missed a lot of good targets, in part, because of auditory masking from the multitude of pull tabs. I’m planing a return to the site and sound-null the 14-16 range to improve audio detection of the good targets. I covered about 20% of the site and I just know there are a few good rings to be found there but also know one thing for sure; I could never dig all the pull tabs...dang too many and life too short. I also didn’t have the right coil for the job. Plan to use my 11” coil the next time I attack the beast. [Too cheap to buy an even smaller coil.]

Happy Hunting

Gold/Platinum – 10

Silver – 17
WoW
Congratulations

ohhhhhhhh man!!!!! You get a salute from me as well. the last time i pulled a 100 plus coin day was a couple of years ago at a quad field baseball park located waaaaay out in the boonies. it took me at least three days to recover. :poop:

F5