Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

hunt #4 torn out park/ more silver & wheat's

Ed Steinhoff

Made a fourth trip to the ripped up park and spent seven hours carefully grid-ding in two directions.
F-70 settings were mild to overcome the huge amount of trash: thres -4, sens 40, disc 20, dp speed, 3h tones, gb-75.
I dug all signals that would repeat within a 10 number bounce range ie: 62 to 72 was a zincoln, 67 to 77 a clad dime, etc.
I still dug a large amount of screw caps and flat pull tabs but I would have missed some good targets if I didn't.
The targets I passed up were the wide number swings like a bounce from 54 to 96 or 27 to 88.
After grid-ding this park north to south and then east to west and finally diagonally northeast by southwest, I feel the only thing left to do is go to all metal, grid carefully and dig every signal to remove all trash and expose masked targets. Don't think I am up to that yet!!
My take was sixty two total coins, of which 7 were wheat's, 37, 40, 42, 44, 47, 51, and 57. two silvers, a 1940 merc & a 1948 rosie. all the rest were clad, with one interesting 4 coin spill of two quarters a dime and a nickel all sandwiched together. They made a wild signal of 67 to 85 bounce but repeated that number range several times, consistently, prompting the dig decision.
I have taken a total of 259 coins from this 1 blk by 1/2 blk. area with a total of 3 silver Washington's, 3 mercs, 3 silver rosies, and 37 wheat's. I am afraid it has spoiled me ( for the time being anyway ) for hunting totters and parks with little or no chance for old coins. I will now have to get more serious about finding old sites.
After 5 years of this awesome addiction I find my zeal in no way lessening. Having pursued many hobbies I still find this one the most intriguing, inspiring,and totaling consuming of any I have tried. It has now passed the hobby status and is now a lifestyle.
HH Ed in co.

Good job! The way you are going at I would be surprised if a few more goodies don't show up. HH jim tn

Nice job Ed , my two brothers and myself found a really good old spot that had never been hunted last fall and it got us spoiled also but we have turned that place radioactive going every direction and using every setting we could think of. We found 4 silver 1/2 dollars/4 silver quarters and a bunch of silver dimes plus a slue of wheat Penny's. We keep our eyes and ears open for another hot spot but so far no luck.

That place has been an excellent location to pay off for your clad working skills you developed! Are you going back in there on a nickel hunt? Theres gotta be some nickels and maybe gold?
You are right, this Sport becomes a Lifestyle to most of us that hang out here...The 'hobbiests' swing coil from time to time..:rofl:

Great work and thanks for taking us along! Glad you had a good time in there and also figured out how to posts pics this month!:clapping:
Mud

'Magnificent Obsession? A Hobby or a Sport? A mental aberration or addiction of some sort?
Up and out before the Sun a signal for to dig, rooting up the Terrasphere like a frenzied truffle pig!.
Mind and body wander far a field and far from home, tick tocking 'cross the Planet like a Human metronome!
The Perfect Life a vision, swinging coil wild and free! Digging holes in heat or cold 'til one is dug for me!'

n/t

nice finds thats alot of coins. on the f70 de has better seperation than sp should work better in trashy areas hh

nice slivers thats alot of coins, on the f70 de has better seperation than sp should work better in trashy areas hh

Ed that is some good detecting. Great work...Z