Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Hunt from September 1

tjhoosier

Hunted for about an hour here in Indianapolis yesterday and came away with .75 in pennies, dimes and one nickel. The nickel is a 1964 model. One of the dimes is a 1974 and another a 1976. No wheats on the pennies, but two or three were pretty corroded, so I'm not sure about them. I'm hunting a city park that has ball diamonds where the little league plays and concentrate on the areas where the parents put their folding chairs to watch. I've had some good luck around the concession area gravel also. I've hunted it about half a dozen times and as I learn more about the Xterra 505 I've got, I seem to find more coins. I'm very happy with it so far.

Congrats! The more you swing the 505 the better you understand it! I hear silver knockin at your door!!:cheers:

Good deal!
Now re-read Randy's e-book. You should learn a new thing or two each time, that you can incorporate into the next hunts.

HI. I`m from indianapolis and have the xt505 as well. What coil are you using? Stock or other. I just started md`ing two weeks ago and learning or trying to anyways.

I'm just using the stock coil. I don't seem to have the time I would like to spend on md'ing but you do what you can. I learn something every time I go out. I often carry the user manual with me and refer to it in the field if necessary. Download Randy's book and read it when you get the time. I have it downloaded and read and re-read parts of it all the time. I've only had my 505 for about a year and I'm getting more comfortable with it every time I go out.

Congrats on your finds. Have you tried to determine how old the park is? I have a park in my area that dates back to 1908 and in the beginning, found tons of clad but I got the 10.5 MF DD coil and raised my sensitivity and began to hunt more slowly and systematically and I began finding lots of wheats, 12 Indians, 3 Barber Dimes, Two Mercs, and 5 silver Rosies. Chances are, depending on the age of the park, you have some good stuff there.

Congrats on your finds.
Keep swinging and you will be rewarded.
HH
Todd