Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Hunt from this past weekend

3RINGER

Fun time working the thick stuff. Kept calling that one a "half" so must have been a tad excited, been a while for some silvers.

http://youtu.be/OqeSytTDWh8

Nice hunt with the relic 3ringer, I'm new to this forum and interested in the relic for my next detector, what a good way to iintroduce my self on a cool vid you made , congrats Hank

Hank watch the vids by keith, relics1864 and ziggyjinx. Good information by both. I'm new to the unit and still have a bunch to learn, glad ya liked it and hope to get back out this weekend.

Thanks 3ringer, I'll check it out,I really like the looks of the machine , I can tell ya you are killing it on the relic got me wanting one lol. And the 5" coil on it must be a great combo,

Oh yeah I found the vids on YouTube on the relic, thanks again Hank

Do a search here and some other forums reference to (monte) and the Relic. He has some great info on the unit, by reading what he has out and watching those vids you will be way ahead of the game in using the unit.

Hank68 said:
Thanks 3ringer, I'll check it out,I really like the looks of the machine , I can tell ya you are killing it on the relic got me wanting one lol. And the 5" coil on it must be a great combo,
My Makro Racer 2 and Gold Racer, and Nokta FORS CoRe and Gold +, are all top-notch detectors that virtually share the #2 ranking together, only bested by my #1 all-purpose Relic.

You ought to consider the Relic, and also get to know the smaller 5½" DD coil that comes standard in the Relic package. I only use the 7X11 DD, or any similar standard-size search coil, on rare occasions when I get to hunt a more open area with sparse targets. The bulk of my hunting time, probably 85%-90%, is spent in dense iron infested sites and a smaller-size search coils works better for me. The round 5½" DD on the Relic is put to work very often. :thumbup:

The relic is very well balanced, even with the standard 7X11 DD for prolonged searches of wide-open, low-target sites, and even more comfortable with the 5½" DD it comes with, or one of the 5½X10 coils, if you opt for one as an accessory coil. I encourage you to give the Nokta Relic some serious consideration, especially since it is a serious performing package.

Monte

Thanks Monte and 3ringer, I'm considering getting the relic, I like the ergonomics of the machine and the performance I've seen watchn the vids, thanks again HHHANK

Nice digs there! Your experience with the Relic mimics my experiences with the Racer and Racer2. Had a site that I've pounded for years (with several top of the line detectors, and several others had detected it as well), and I hadn't pulled a silver coin from for a couple of years. First time I took the Racer there, I first detected it with my F75, nothing. Then I switched to the Racer and found two silver coins! Two more hunts there, and pulled silver out each hunt as well as wheats, V nickles, buffalos, etc. Nok/Mak are making some of the best detectors for out there IMHO.

HH,
Brian

Cal the Racer was the first unit I used with that blinding of the tones and I really see how it can help. Now the Relic with 19khz. Maybe someone with more knowledge can chime in to why the Relic pulled in the extras but for me I'm happy to see that it does. Not planning on getting rid of the Racer though.

Went back with the 5.5x10 last week and pulled some more and I think that was due to walking the area from a different angle.

Cal_Cobra said:
Nice digs there! Your experience with the Relic mimics my experiences with the Racer and Racer2. Had a site that I've pounded for years (with several top of the line detectors, and several others had detected it as well), and I hadn't pulled a silver coin from for a couple of years. First time I took the Racer there, I first detected it with my F75, nothing. Then I switched to the Racer and found two silver coins! Two more hunts there, and pulled silver out each hunt as well as wheats, V nickles, buffalos, etc. Nok/Mak are making some of the best detectors for out there IMHO.

HH,
Brian
And I couldn't agree more!

Exceptional quality build and durable, Simple, yet with enough Functional control settings to provide great versatility, and end Performance to be reckoned with, and all of the Racer and FORS series models are priced very competitively.

Monte

Oh, and let's not forget that no manufacturer stays as active with their consumers on many different metal detecting forums, too!