Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Hunt on frozen lake surface

sdesic

Hunted for one hour in freezing water of salt lake (pool).
Wanted to test equipment and my self.
Water temp was 3C / 37F.

Loot
[attachment 340684 DSC09594.JPG]
[attachment 340685 DSC09595.JPG]
Silver bracelet and some coins (about $2.30 in US $)

There is video of this hunt on my channel.
video

Can you say Brrrrr. Great results!!!! WTG..

Don't know many people still hunting cold waters of Northern hemisphere.

Yes me waterhound northern Michigan! But I got a cold now I'm water logged and my wife and other detectorist are saying get out of the water the seasons over your sick ! I better take a break

You must see what is going on in California right now...

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CiICx6Czt8w[/video]
First hunter to show actual footage
(In Spanish)

I will soon be starting to hunt the frigid waters of the inland lakes in west Michigan. Just purchased a MX Sport, and 5mm waders that are equipped with 1600 grams of thinsulate in the boots. We had a change in weather and got 2-3 inches of snow today so I am going to try and get out tomorrow. I'll let everyone know how that goes. Season can go all year round now!

Hey! Voorhees231 where ya denning up I am from north west mi by traverse city, you picked good waders for this cold water l wish i got the thicker ones, I got frog togg 3 mil, not enough on my feet, my legs sweat but the cold comes up through my feet, hey what kind did you buy, and the price , I sure did good buying 31 inch gauntlet trappers gloves from a store in Gaylord , I filled the short ones to many times with cold water bending to scoop something at waste deep. The bay did not freeze this year, or most rivers , just got to be carful not to get hyperthermia , shivering is a last warning to get out and warm up, I'm interested in what you find in that bath water I just found a gold heart at torch lake Michigan, warterhound

WaterHound I live in Montague just south of the Silver Lake sand dunes. I picked up some Winchester 5mm 1600g thinsulate neoprene waders from Dicks for $220.00. Are those trapper gloves insulated well? I also have been looking at these on E-bay fro around $30.00.

Late getting back to you voorhees 231 , but the trapper gloves really are not insulated. the 40 or 50 dollar pair have a thin lining., l wear thin garden gloves. They're a little tight , but I can still grab a pulltab or coin out of the scoop . and one size fits all , but its better than filling your glove with ice water. The only other thing I could come up with are electrician's gloves but those things are high dollar two or $300 a pair. the gloves I got are called Scorpio Ansell. I got them from a trapping store in Alpena. I've tried the rough surface gripper gloves that are full arm-length and those cracked by the thumb and I've also tried the pair that go all the way around the shoulders that are green and those leaked in the seam. I've noticed that 18 inch or a little longer neoprene gloves work if a guy doesn't go deeper than waist deep. It's always good to have an extra pair. Thanks for the tip on where you got the waders. I definitely am going to have to get a pair of those for next year and you sure are in a good area by silver lake dunes. try Google Earth satellite it'll help you find alot of the swim holes. you can zoom right in and see if they're sandy, where the parking is, etc. it's pretty cool. I've mapped out a lot of places for this summer's hunting. good hunting and I hope you find a big fat class ring , even better one with no name in it , waterhound