Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Hunt with 10.00 Conquistador today

Rick W

I bought a Tesoro at a yard sale back in June, and finally took it out today. It did me well, as Tesoro products usually do. I hunted in all metal mode and found 2 tungsten carbide rings(redneck gold), some change, and then a 2009 girl's class ring. You don't need high-tech to have fun!
20211202_160029.jpg
20211202_160029.jpg

It's good to hear you got out with the new-to-you Tesoro. Congrats on the finds. Is it the original Conquistador, with the long toggle under the housing, or the Conquistador µMAX? I know I enjoy using my two Tesoro's, even though I have my more featured models.

Monte

Thank you. You have the improved better version and not the one with glitches. Never sell it Tesoro's short. Get out hunting with it again soon.

Monte
Thanks! I started hunting in 1979 with Whites machines. Started using a Tesoro in the 90's, and they are by far my favorite! I just can't get into the high-tech machines. Health issues prevent me from deep digging and swinging a heavy machine.

I also have two treasures. A Tesoro silver micro max (which my wife uses) and a Euro Saber micro max. I will never sell these reliable machines.
I have several more detectors, but these will never leave my arsenal.

I started with a Conquistador but it was made by Whites electronics, long before 79'!
HH Jeff
It was about 1969 / '70 when White's made the Conquistador as a special unit for the Ballenger's and their business venture.

Monte

It was about 1969 / '70 when White's made the Conquistador as a special unit for the Ballenger's and their business venture.

Monte
I wondered if there were any old farts like me out there LOL The truths out of the bag now everyone knows how long I have been detecting 51 yrs is a long time. Did you have one Monte?
HH Jeff

How about that...Learn something new every day.
The Ballinger's had a business called 'the Association" and put out a newspaper and did a lot to promote what thy had and the business, but that was the hey-day of this great hobby, and it mainly got started and had early growth here in the USA. A lot of local dealers, a lot of clubs, and a lot of involvement as the hobby grew. Many club get-togethers and most clubs held a seeded Competition Hunt.

Monte

I bought a Tesoro at a yard sale back in June, and finally took it out today. It did me well, as Tesoro products usually do. I hunted in all metal mode and found 2 tungsten carbide rings(redneck gold), some change, and then a 2009 girl's class ring. You don't need high-tech to have fun! View attachment 21262View attachment 21262
So sad to see Tesoro and whites detectors bite the dust I guess it was bound to happen .They were detectors the regular JOE could afford now its an arm and a leg for the new ones :rolleyes:

So sad to see Tesoro and whites detectors bite the dust I guess it was bound to happen .They were detectors the regular JOE could afford now its an arm and a leg for the new ones :rolleyes:
It seems that anything good, usable, and dependable is falling by the wayside. It is a shame. Give me an old vehicle, tractor, metal detector, gun, or whatever, and I am happy. Lol