Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Hunt with my Daughter....

Gonehunting

I took my little girl today cause she had been wanting to go.. I took her to the spot where I filmed the CTX hunt last week. First target was a 1946D wheat cent.
LfEL6.jpg

she sees wheat cents as much as regular pennies cause they are all over the house.. she even commented "that one ain't even older than Grandma"...lol I had to laugh at that one.
She ended up going down a few doors to her friends house.. She wasn't even out of sight when the next target showed...
6XR6l.jpg

gOQeq.jpg

A few minutes later on a return pass.. whammo!
0PZL8.jpg

wTAS0.jpg

1909 Barber Quarter
pek5W.jpg

I was stoked.. I didn't find anymore old coins but managed a tax token, some clad and a Woodmen of the World pin from 1965..
37C0r.jpg

mUofd.jpg

Hope you enjoy and thanks for the look..
Evan
Gonehunting for History..

thanks guys.. I wished she would have hung around... maybe next time..lol

great finds and a great time hunting. time well spent.

Thanks for reminding me of some hunts with my daughter - never found silver, though. Good going!

Thanks guys.. :thumbup:

Very nice finds! My little girl loves to go out with me and is getting big enough to swing her detector. I hope you two make some great finds next time you go!

Keep doing it...small doses. You will be surprised how she will remember it as she gets older. Those times are PRICELESS!
Love the vids,
Bunker

thanks..guys.. my son is 2 and he is also interested.. He has already learned some of what I say..he will walk around the house saying "Beep beep, beep beep, that's siller"... He hasn't quite got the "silver" part down... still funny to watch.. I have a couple of Garrett propointers and he will use one on everything in the house.. lol one of them survived the dishwasher..

Nice hunt, congrats on the Barber Qt.

I never could get my little girl interested in detecting or fishing.

Good luck, you won't have any problem with the boy.

This is Chuck from Beaumont, Ca. There is nothing better than sharing time with your children. Mine are 43 and 38.
I still never miss an opportunity to share time with them or my grand children.

Stay close to those kids, they are not kids long enough.

CTX should be here Wednesday. Your work really begins then. I have been reading everything I can get on the
CTX. Read the owners manual about 20 times and all I wind up with are more questions.

Looking forward to the adventure.

lol we'll get you up and running real quick.. just give me a call when it comes in.. set up is easy!

I'm chomping at the bit to get this machine and find my first silver with it. It may take awhile, but thats the fun.

Are you running open screen (no descrimination) on your hunts?

It is so cold here, (44 degrees) as we speak. You know we cant handel temperatures much below 70.

I'm going to brave the cold with my AT Pro and hit and older park for as long as I can take it.

Talk with you later. All you NOOOOOBY ctx users wait up for me. Save me one lousy Mercury dime, please.

sparkster said:
I'm chomping at the bit to get this machine and find my first silver with it. It may take awhile, but thats the fun.

Are you running open screen (no descrimination) on your hunts?

It is so cold here, (44 degrees) as we speak. You know we cant handel temperatures much below 70.

I'm going to brave the cold with my AT Pro and hit and older park for as long as I can take it.

Talk with you later. All you NOOOOOBY ctx users wait up for me. Save me one lousy Mercury dime, please.
it really depends where I am hunting depends on what kind of discrim I use.. if it is super trashy, i have quite a bit of discrim but I just like to hear the threshold. In normal yards and fields bottom line only is discrimed out. Because I like to hear all the metal going under the coil.. just a preference though... I also use the 50tone in the user last mode used. and yeah it is 32 here and windy.. hard to get out when the windchil is in the teens..

great hunt there buddy!!! Ya i'm following you around LOL

awesome hunt and its just great you spending time with your little one ;)

lol. thanks bud..