Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Hunted Out Spot

relics4plus

Hunted this camp site 9 years ago. Got permission from new owners to go back. Camp of Union 1st Corp on June 29, 1863. The spot where you see the horseshoe shape on the left was the main camp. Hundreds of relics pulled out of here. I feel there are more relics here but really not sure where to go back and start searching. These fileds are huge and lots of ground to cover. The creek runs below the horseshoe shape. Any suggestions?

I have limited experience relic hunting but I would think you would want to start next to the creek. I can only imagine how hot and thirsty Reynolds and his men would have been from marching in 90 degree temperatures, it had to be brutal for those guys. When they stopped to camp there had to be a lot of traffic to and from the water supply.

Happy Hunting
Mike

Wherever you find an area where your detector isn't quiet; that is where the activity was and the goodies are. Just lots of digging.

Like Sponnie73 said -

I would start by finding where the oldest road instersected the creek and hunt a 200-300 yd radius around that area and your detector should run into something good.

Good Luck - CCH

looks like old road went along wood line southeast of horseshoe i would stay next to it all the way where it runs into white gravel

Well I am hunting a so called hunted out spot. And I was hunting close to a creek and then one day the farmer asked me to look for something he lost. And it is a good 1000 yards from the creek . While looking for his hitch pin. I got a 32 on my machine that is usually a bullet so I dug it . I have noe found over two hundred bullets that far from the creek . Nody else including me had thought to look that far away from the creek .