Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Hunting Alone With The F75

miserman

With the stay at home order in effect in my area I have not been out for a while. Yesterday I decided that going out to metal detect qualified as getting exercise. Not wanting to offend anyone, I drove to an abandoned church that was out in the country with nothing but farm fields around it. I had hunted this small church yard twice in the past and had been able to find 3 silver dimes along with several Wheat Cents. I elected to put the Nel 12" X 13" Tornado coil on the F75 and hunt the area at a 90 degree pattern from the previous 2 hunts. My first target was the Mercury Dime that was next to a piece of iron. The numbers were all over the place but I kept getting a few 66-73 numbers mixed in with the lower iron numbers that were trying to hit around 8-10. I'm not sure if the larger Nel coil helped me or hurt me in this situation. I'm thinking I missed the dime on the last two hunts because the sweep angle was from a different direction this time. After 4 hours of slowly hunting this small area , I was also able to dig 2 Jeffersons from the 40's and 5 Wheats. 3 of the Wheats were from the teens that were 6-7 inches deep and gave low 60's VDI readings. I was glad to get out again and was grateful to find a few coins.....Thanks for looking

Attachments

• 000_0026.jpg
    000_0026.jpg
    242.1 KB · Views: 184
I'm in Michigan, and out getting exercise while social distancing is my excuse to be metal detecting under our relatively strict govenor's orders.

Nice hunt miserman!!. I've been playing by myself also. Mostly open fields. I for some reason enjoy popping them old wheaties out of the ground!!!! I feel your pain 😔amcoin44. At least the govner opened up motor boat fishing!!! hhrickinm