Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Hunting frozen ground

MikeLab

My first advice is "Don't do it unless you are going/have gone crazy." It is brutal. Bring an insulated pad to kneel on and gloves. Also I rarely use a pinpointer but with frozen ground it is really worth the extra trouble. Also for some reason the AT Gold sounds off slightly iron audio when I wave frozen chunks of dirt past the coil. I found a sterling religious medal and another silver butterfly with no markings. Took away some of the pain. I guess I'd call it methadone treatment. LOL

I hear the doves and they are gathering for their nest~Spring is near

I am very caution as to where I hunt, as the conditions vary. If it's hard, packed dirt like concrete, I won't even bother. however, if I can make some progress digging a hole in certain types fo frozed dirt, I will. My choice of weapons is either my relic shovel or my small pickax, as shown below.

Hard Core....Hoorah & Happy Hunting.
I can remember those troops at Ft. Benning, Ga.
Running and yelling at 4 am in the morning;
"I wanna be an Airborne Ranger, I wanna live a life of Danger."
I wanna go dirt fishing,
the water's high and the temp is low,
but foiled again, to the doctor I go.
Tomorrow is a beautiful day, but the only fishing I do is cooking some fish for a family get together. Next week, maybe.....