Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

hunting ghost towns with the v31

rewmarshall

ive tarted to get the hang of the v31 in the parks and it does verry well the emi was rough but thankfully that has been covered in previous posts so it did ausome
so i went out to and old ghost town way out in the middle of know were with no emi and i had my 10 dd coil on i have a 6x10 coming but that all i had the biggest problem with every machine is getting that rusty iron out it was hitting from 79 up 91 i tried the hi trash program it wouldnt hit a token on the surface then i went back to coin and jewelry turn the gain down to 1 went into single frequency i tried every on tell i hit 2.5 and it seem to get rid of some of the rusty iron but still really all i dug was iron all day it was kinda funny this old ghost town was on the map people had been there im shure it had been hit alot then i was looking on google on the phone and i saw a foundation on the hill above us walked up on top this hill and there were 10 more foundations that had hardly been touched intacked old bottles on the ground and old model a headlights on the ground old cast iron stoves it was pretty cool my doughter found an old express wagon toy and a 30s clorox bottle with the rubber clorox cork still in it there was stuff every wear it was just before dark when we walked up the hill so we didnt get much time to really detect that area it was cool thought id share so anyway what did i do wrong or any tips

Sounds like a perfect start to me. You've located the town, and the foundations now you just have to slowly work the area. Keep in mind slow..because these areas can be really trashy, so patience will win the day.