Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

hunting in fresh water lake

scotrod

i tried using my friends 505 in fresh water yesterday and i couldn't seem to get it to settle down from falsing and lite chirps could someone that uses this machine give me an idea what setting works for you i use a land star and have no problem in water conditions some input would be nice thanks h/h

The 505 is the same as the Land Star but is lacking manual ground balance. Apparently the water or lake bottom is too conductive or mineralized enough to upset the 505. I'd presume if the units are otherwise the same, the gb is set internally to some more neutral position that's inadequate to deal with the water. How was it out of water, but still in the wet sand?

Unless that particular coil leaked some, but you might have noticed that if it was misbehaving on land afterwards. Swapping coils with your unit would eliminate that question.

-Ed