Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Hunting in PP with GT

hydraglide

I hear a lot about hunting in PP mode with a GT, as a relatively new Sov owner,can anyone tell me how to set up for this, ie what control settings to use. Thanks.

Just set the all metal switch to PP mode and not the All Metal track or fixed modes. Now flipping your other switch from Disc Iron Mask ON (that most people use) to All Metal will then turn control over to whichever mode you have the other switch set at (in this case PP mode).

If you scroll down the threads in the last few weeks you'll see a few threads on PP. Some guys report PI depth and ability to cut through bad minerals with it, and one guy listed a bunch of PIs he's owned that he said PP mode is just as deep if not deeper than. That was impressive to read.

Use PP mode when mineralization is super bad even for BBS in disc, or when targets are so deep that they are even out of reach of disc. Volume at full for more depth in PP and you can run sensitivity all the way up too compared to what disc can use. I'm still new to PP mode but I can often already tell if it's iron by the fuzzy approach/leaving of the target or by one way sound offs, without even needing to flip to disc to double check. I hear there are at least 10 distinct words to PP to judge targets by, which puts it at PI depth with disc-like discrimination abilities.

Here's a video/pictorial I did on disc vs PP mode on the GT. A few days back I updated the content of this video as well...

http://youtu.be/G817__EOC8A

You can also find another "video" (which it ain't) update on PP mode at another mineralized beach on my channel. I'm planning more videos of PP to show how it hits at targets only 4 or 5" deep at a badly mineralized beach where disc is choking out due to the really bad sand. Plan to also show the target response that indicates obvious iron hits in a few ways.