Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Hunting Old Grange With F75

miserman

With colder weather forecast for the next 7-10 days,I decided to try an old 1903 school house that has been converted to a Grange Hall. I hunted this site about a year ago and felt there were more coins to be found. The area has a moderate amount of trash so I set the F75 in Motion All Metal with Sensitivity at 88. My first two finds were Wheats that were only about 5 inches deep and gave decent 68-71 readings. After about another hour without any hits I decided to slow down my steps and concentrate on "scrubbing" the coil to the ground. I then came across a very quiet signal that was very bouncy between 52 and 57 and gave the same reading from all directions. Pinpointing showed a depth of 9 inches so from past experience I figured it was probably closer to 7-8 inches. After cutting a deep plug with the Lesche digger, the pinpointer gave a weak response deeper in the hole. Digging down another couple inches I saw the coin at the bottom of the hole. It ended up being an 1865 Indian Head with nice patina at about 10 inches. Probably the deepest coin so far with the F75. Several feet away was an 1898 Indian Head that gave 58-59 numbers at about 8 inches and was a bit louder but still not easy to hear. The Buffalo was also found by "scrubbing" the ground and gave a low 27-31 reading at 8 inches.The site has an area with limestone gravel and the Merc was found mixed with the gravel and nice black dirt at about 6 inches. The "scrubbing" of the coil was slow going and took concentration but I think it made the difference.....Thanks for looking

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_506.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_506.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 143
Last edited:
Excellent hunt Miserman, sounds like you got down there a little farther than the average bear and pulled those deep coins out.
I'm going to give that scrubbing action with the coil more time, I've tried it for short periods of time but maybe I've given up to quickly?