Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Hunting salt water beaches

tc8745

Anybody have any luck with any of the land machines.Looking to upgrade to hunt wet sand and land,,,
Thanks,,,,

I'm happy with the performance of the Vaquero. I'm on the Texas gulf coast so mineralized sand isn't a problem, once in a while I'll get a small area of mineralization and can't settle it down, but these areas are really small and very few. I even submerge the coil 1-2" when needed with no problems. Might have to break down and get a PI water machine someday though.

Tom,
With the stock Cibola that was fairly well on the positive ground balance side in most places ... I had great results over the dry sand. Wet sand in fresh water no problem! Knee deep in fresh water found some nice stuff.

Wet saltwater sand ... with the Cibola I had falsing consistently crossing the wet / dry boundary. Once past the immediate boundary I could hunt the wet sand. In the wet salt I could detect with the sensitivity turned down to I think 5 or 6 with max of 7 without much falsing but didn't find anything much deeper than about 4 maybe 5 inches set like that.

Since then I have had some suggestions of maybe running the discrimination a little higher than just at iron and see if I could then run a little more sensitivity. I haven't tried that yet since I haven't packed the Cibola on beach trips in a while.

In the suds (up to knee deep) ran about the same as wet sand but would sound off with bonging type of sound as waves washed over. Then a few seconds to sweep and hear targets, then bonging, then sweep some more as the cycle repeated. Found some stuff on wet salt water beach but decided to get a waterproof detector ... got a CZ20 and the land detectors have stayed home on the beach trips since. I am thinking of taking the Tejon with a big coil to try it over the sand ... will see come summer.
tvr