Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Hunting the Mid Tones

Metal Magnet

Hey all, went out today to finally try to get on the gold. I decided to hunt with zero discrim, full tones, 12khz. Was hunting an older ball diamond. Definitely got the knack of hitting on the nickels. Not shown was some foil too. The Nike ring is copper I think. Was a little more jumpy, but glad I dug it.

I'm all ears if folks have proven techniques for getting gold on land!!

HH

Hah I dig at least one of those buckle/strap halves per hunt at ball fields, same exact ones!

I run 17.6khz, full tones, 0-25 notch, react 2, silencer 0, sensitivity 83, discrimination 2.0, when hunting trashy playing fields and sidelines. I usually dig the 94s (quarters), and everything sub 78 unless I have a lot of time and don't mind all the zincs and coppers. I also end up ignoring 41 toward the end of the hunt as it is almost always gatorade seals.
There will be gold over 78 for example large 10k class rings can ring over that in 17.6k. [Newer]Tabs ring at 68-72 generally on this setup and fluctuate +/- 3-5 depending on shape.
Sweet spot for most of the gold I've found has been 40-55 with unwavering vdis less than 5". You'll dig plenty of nice sounding smoother slaw.

It's good to go back later and clean the 79+ tones as most of your silver jewelry will be in that range if you care to find it.