Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Hunting the Privys

C.J.M.

You will not believe this ,but there's gold found in or near this old privys. Old bottles are in great demand for so many collectors.Maybe you will remember some of this ,plus the coins that are being found.

Attachments

• outhouse.jpg
    outhouse.jpg
    202.9 KB · Views: 95
  • coca-cola-history-in-bottles-magnet-m1693.jpg
    coca-cola-history-in-bottles-magnet-m1693.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 92
  • Cost-Plus-Soda.JPG
    Cost-Plus-Soda.JPG
    88.5 KB · Views: 91
  • fba1752cea551719b8cff2a54c87359c.jpg
    fba1752cea551719b8cff2a54c87359c.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 92
  • MQ0JdWKnviH36KECnq8QHw.jpg
    MQ0JdWKnviH36KECnq8QHw.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 98
  • s-l1000.jpg
    s-l1000.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 92
  • s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 91
My grandpa lost his wallet in ours back in the 60'$.
Had his whole pension CK in it. Just cashed it.
Fished it out. Washed the money.
And I came home from school to find poop stained money drying on the clothes line. 😅
Grandpa sitting there guarding it. 😁

I have a few oll stories of Grandma's clothes line.

Back to the subject.
There have been a lot of great finds in the pits of old out houses. After about six months to a year the poop built-up. Depending how big your family was. And a new pit was dug nearby. Then the out house was moved. Later in the 50-60's like my grandpa's.
He would get it pumped out.
Good subject.
Also old barn silos being typically dug 6-8 ft below grade. Many became trash dumps.
Found many a old toys and bottles in a few of those. Coins too in discarded clothing.

Out houses are a source for buried money since they were close to and could be seen from the house. If they are still standing be careful though. When I was in pharmacy school read about a soldier in the guard who foolishly used one and was bitten by a black widow spider on well you know where.

Aha, that's why out houses had two items one was a Sears & Roebuck catalog and other box of matches :heh:. Before you sat down you would roll up a piece of the catalog and set it on fire and run it around the two holler to roast those Black-Widow spiders. Yep,at this point the family jewels were safe:rofl:. Yes sir been there done that,those were the good old days.:look:
:giggle:

Aha, that's why out houses had two items one was a Sears & Roebuck catalog and other box of matches :heh:. Before you sat down you would roll up a piece of the catalog and set it on fire and run it around the two holler to roast those Black-Widow spiders. Yep,at this point the family jewels were safe:rofl:. Yes sir been there done that,those were the good old days.:look:
Man I do miss the good oll days.
M80's and cherry bombs make quick work of any critters in the oll outhouse. 😁😅
Great for gofers and ant Hill's too.
We won't talk about the hornet's nest.
Let's just say I hate hornets. 😅😅😅

Hahaha

Hornets are the devil hahaha

I might be 123 but look 81 and miss those pops or sodas for 7 cents, the soda was 5 cents but the bottle was 2cents .You got your 2 cents back when you brought it back.There was no cans for Sodas ,but they had first cans for beer.Candy bars were all 5 cents ,but there was nothing like a bag of peanuts inside a RC cola :clapping: .

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 97
  • coke  box.jpg
    coke box.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 89
  • coca-cola-history-in-bottles-magnet-m1693.jpg
    coca-cola-history-in-bottles-magnet-m1693.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 92
  • MQ0JdWKnviH36KECnq8QHw.jpg
    MQ0JdWKnviH36KECnq8QHw.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 94
  • thEPX2P5HH.jpg
    thEPX2P5HH.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 80
  • th5BU2AQJ4.jpg
    th5BU2AQJ4.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 89
  • th_Wile_E_Coyote_300.gif
    th_Wile_E_Coyote_300.gif
    7 KB · Views: 94
  • cat.gif
    cat.gif
    5.9 KB · Views: 86
We used to ride our bikes along the county roads and pick up the glass bottles back in the 60s. Loved the big quart bottles as those got us 5cents!! Used to collect Olympia beer caps for the “dots” on the inside of the caps, now that should start a good conversation.

Never dug an outhouse but know where two probably are…….

We used to ride our bikes along the county roads and pick up the glass bottles back in the 60s. Loved the big quart bottles as those got us 5cents!! Used to collect Olympia beer caps for the “dots” on the inside of the caps, now that should start a good conversation.

Never dug an outhouse but know where two probably are…….
I did that also back in the 50s. I was using a stashing my found bottles in high grass ditch banks sometimes to save for picking up later. One day I learned the downside to that system. The grass banks were purposely burned one time and all that nice glass was ruined. Those pennies per bottle really added up in dollars back then. You could literally buy full at the Dairy Queens meals then for 30c. I quit stashing bottles after that.

Lets dont forget 19c Arctic Circle hamburgers!!!!!

My grandpa lost his wallet in ours back in the 60'$.
Had his whole pension CK in it. Just cashed it.
Fished it out. Washed the money.
And I came home from school to find poop stained money drying on the clothes line. 😅
Grandpa sitting there guarding it. 😁

I have a few oll stories of Grandma's clothes line.

Back to the subject.
There have been a lot of great finds in the pits of old out houses. After about six months to a year the poop built-up. Depending how big your family was. And a new pit was dug nearby. Then the out house was moved. Later in the 50-60's like my grandpa's.
He would get it pumped out.
Good subject.
Also old barn silos being typically dug 6-8 ft below grade. Many became trash dumps.
Found many a old toys and bottles in a few of those. Coins too in discarded clothing.
Odanscoils, this story brings about a new meaning to "Laundered Money". Lol great story. This reminds me of a joke I heard some years ago.

Thank you for the memories my time is slowing coming to an end with a plugged Atora artery ,but I am ready to meet the LORD .

Attachments

• first step in faith.jpg
    first step in faith.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 84
  • he loved us first.jpg
    he loved us first.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 72
  • gods home for you & me.jpg
    gods home for you & me.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 85
  • jesus 2.jpg
    jesus 2.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 79
Not sure what you’re saying LTD……

With these modern medical practices the surgeons can do some amazing things and you get released the next day. Keep going and dont throw the towel in.

I just changed my appointment to first week of next month and take another Ecocardigram and see what shows up.So far no pain ,but I carry my nitro-pills just in case.Getting old is the pits now do not have anyone to hunt with better carry old friend "glock".You would be supprised what shows up after 2,000,000 immagrants here in Texas are running around looking who to rob!!Crime has increased 1000% and biden could care less.

Attachments

• 0.jpg
    0.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 83
I might be 123 but look 81 and miss those pops or sodas for 7 cents, the soda was 5 cents but the bottle was 2cents .You got your 2 cents back when you brought it back.There was no cans for Sodas ,but they had first cans for beer.Candy bars were all 5 cents ,but there was nothing like a bag of peanuts inside a RC cola :clapping: .
I remember & being 87 how could I forget the good ole years--but I had forgotten about liking the bag of PEANUTS in a bottle of soda? 🤣 Ma