Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

hunts 4,5 6 with Equinox

DFX-Gregg

A cancer pendant, a very thin silver ring stack style and some clad. Nothing spectacular...

A few notes for potential or new users...

Went with the 6 inch coil today for a small coil it was going off like crazy... pinpointing with it good... very..very trashy area was chatty as hell... interesting had a eraser head come up 26 area more like a dime...instead of 13 like the nickel... also the silver ring came up at 26...dime area... the cancer pendant I broke the loop off the pendant thinking it was tin foil at first...

One more note on the coil... so light gets stuck in uneven grass... and the other day with the standard coil had a quarter come up low... as a 26/27....

Pics included... again potential buyers... a few things... the tid numbers are bunched way to close together it is mandatory you learn the tones which may or may not be hard for a new user... coins are overlapping and do not expect any of the coins to sit on one number all the time reading wise... and the depth meter definitely just gives you an estimate to put it nicely...

Attachments

• 3 06 22 hunt 6 equinox 6 inch coil.jpg
    3 06 22 hunt 6 equinox 6 inch coil.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 92
  • 3 04 22 hunt 5 equinox.jpg
    3 04 22 hunt 5 equinox.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 95
  • hunt 3 3 22 cancer pendant.jpg
    hunt 3 3 22 cancer pendant.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 79
  • hunt 3.3.22.jpg
    hunt 3.3.22.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 84
Good start don't go by the TId too much it's a sound machine for me and I dig some deep rusty iron that sometimes sounds like a deep silver but you have to dig some trash.
I found two SLQ's last month right next to each other with a big rusty nail in the hole they had a TID of 30!
Mark

Good start don't go by the TId too much it's a sound machine for me and I dig some deep rusty iron that sometimes sounds like a deep silver but you have to dig some trash.
I found two SLQ's last month right next to each other with a big rusty nail in the hole they had a TID of 30!
Mark
You have to dig thirty

A cancer pendant, a very thin silver ring stack style and some clad. Nothing spectacular...

A few notes for potential or new users...

Went with the 6 inch coil today for a small coil it was going off like crazy... pinpointing with it good... very..very trashy area was chatty as hell... interesting had a eraser head come up 26 area more like a dime...instead of 13 like the nickel... also the silver ring came up at 26...dime area... the cancer pendant I broke the loop off the pendant thinking it was tin foil at first...

One more note on the coil... so light gets stuck in uneven grass... and the other day with the standard coil had a quarter come up low... as a 26/27....

Pics included... again potential buyers... a few things... the tid numbers are bunched way to close together it is mandatory you learn the tones which may or may not be hard for a new user... coins are overlapping and do not expect any of the coins to sit on one number all the time reading wise... and the depth meter definitely just gives you an estimate to put it nicely...
Good digs.
Maybe in trash you could go with five or two tones instead of fifty tones. Also a slower sweep will help. Others may chime in with their suggestion

Looks like you had some good outings.
Odd that eraser came in as high as it did.
Quarters usually come in at 30 for me, but I have had some surprises too.
Not sure what causes the TID to be different on them sometimes…. What I seem to notice is the ones that read different than 30 seem to sound like a larger target to me.

Good digs.
Maybe in trash you could go with five or two tones instead of fifty tones. Also a slower sweep will help. Others may chime in with their suggestion
That’s what I use also 5 tones I’ve had wheat Pennie’s I’ve dug that are 10” down ring up very high deeper than my pinpointer it’s a faint squeak ..
Mark

Good digs.
Well used the 6 inch coil for first time... and it was very active going to have to make a program just for it! Also I like light smaller coils but this one I will have to get used to...
You have to dig thirty
Yes I see 29/30 good for the quarters too..

Looks like you had some good outings.
Odd that eraser came in as high as it did.
Quarters usually come in at 30 for me, but I have had some surprises too.
Not sure what causes the TID to be different on them sometimes…. What I seem to notice is the ones that read different than 30 seem to sound like a larger target to me.
My quarter are coming in 29/30... other erasers head 13... also I had a quarter just one come in at 26/27....
had one where the reading was 13/15/30...dug a eraser head...pulltab and the 30 was a quarter...lol..figured with the good signal mixed in why not...

Oh yes, a nickel or other low conductive target next to say a quarter or dime will really play havoc on the TID.
When I get those types of signals, I try to just swing back and forth right over where I get a good signal… more like a tight wiggle… that can help in those situations.
I also have the small coil and used it in a very trashy yard, and was amazed at the number of coins I found after trying there three other times with the stock coil which is great too..

Oh yes, a nickel or other low conductive target next to say a quarter or dime will really play havoc on the TID.
When I get those types of signals, I try to just swing back and forth right over where I get a good signal… more like a tight wiggle… that can help in those situations.
I also have the small coil and used it in a very trashy yard, and was amazed at the number of coins I found after trying there three other times with the stock coil which is great too..
Exactly how I felt with my old 6 inch eclipse coil and dd on the dfx and explorer years ago... I was swinging the 6 inch with my opposite arm as just coming back still fighting the weather snowed today... but the 6 inch on the Equinox was picking up ton of bottle tops all over the tid... from 15 to 38! I will work it out...why I need the 800 over the 600... I will set up a program for it...

I would say no matter what you’re doing you are doing it mostly right by looking at the pics! Good job.