Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Hyper sensative Vaqureo

calibil

So the other day I took my stock coil from my Diablo 2 (elliptical) and put it on my Vac. Air tested on coins worked real good (10-14 in on misc coins) nickles disc out well before the 5c mark , don't know why yet
Today I went to the tot lot and ran it just above iron, It was very very sensitive found the smallest silver ring ever @ 3in , what I mean by ring is the small round piece that the clasp attaches to. No necklace though
At this small sanded tot lot I had just ran the Sand Shark over the whole area, got as much stuff as I could hear, rusted screws, bolts, hair pins coins, even a staple ect.. so I knew there couldn't be to much left, with the Vac the ring was faint but repeatable, I also found the dreaded foil pieces.
I have found small pieces of natural gold with the Diablo 2 but have not found such a small piece of (good) metal with the Vac
If you want to micro detect try this set up

:canadaflag:Nice to see your post as my 5x10 wide scan DD for my Vaquero arrived today. The discrimination mode does not seem to work as well with the DD so I will be listening closely to the shape of the sound. Coil seems very sensitive in my air tests. The main reason I bought it was to be able to hunt on hot soil and wet salt beaches. I am a little confused on the pin pointing as it is not acting as I thought it would. From what I read a DD coil puts out a signal in a straight line in this case from the heel to the toe of the elliptical coil ??? Do I just use the heel and toe for pin pointing? I was not expecting it to sound off as soon as the side edges of the coil passed over a target but only when the center axes of the coil passed over the target. Well some one will straighten me out:confused.
This was a used coil and I had to drill out the mounting holes to 1/4 size to fit on my Vaquero shaft which was no big deal but thought I would mention as some one will be able to tell me about the age of the coil with smaller holes.
Can't wait to give it a go in the dirt and sand. I'm going for the gold.
:canadaflag: Minas Man

Unfortunately the coil in question and similiar coils do not discriminate as well so plus and minus in acc. coils as well as specific units...

Minas man said:
The discrimination mode does not seem to work as well with the DD so I will be listening closely to the shape of the sound. Minas Man

You are right about the disc, but you will find that if you go forward and back (tip to toe) over the target, the disc will work properly.

The Vaq with the stock or 5.75 coil continues to impress me on how it hits on the smallest targets, earing studs, bird shot, etc. Some of it at 6- 8+ inches.

:canadaflag:Thanks for the feed back eveyone I attempted to hunt this morning but the ground is still too frozen earlly in the morning. Yes stock coil is deep and right on for pinpointing just wish they had a 10 turn ground balance to deal with hot soil and salt beaches.
Minas man