Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I’m a total noob

gissim0

Your cat has more experience than me. I’ve detected only in my yard and found several 1940s quarters deeper than I could imagine. I went on vacation last week and only brought a sand scoop because it’s an island beach right? There was nothing here before 1982 when the resort was built. I started it on and got several low number groans. I skipped these. I moved up the beach away from the water. I was almost to the lawn 10 yards and in 10 15 minutes found at least 10 “dings”. The number read 91 on these at 10”+I tried digging with a scoop but the palm roots they planted in 1982 I couldn’t get thru. I had a big dive knife and it still was no help. My noob question is what kind of metal reads in the 90s? It was strong sure and clear at 10+”. It was loud and solid for each of them. Thanks. Yes if this is a stupid question, yes I’m that much of a noob thanks.

It would help if you told us what make and model detector you are using. Dont worry about being a noob, plenty of characters here that can help you with questions. Welcome to the forum!

It would help if you told us what make and model detector you are using. Dont worry about being a noob, plenty of characters here that can help you with questions. Welcome to the forum!
I’m definitely a wild character ! * [ ] ? -
😂😂

Welcome to the forum.
91 could be a half dollar it also might be a pop can too. Did you happen to raise your coil off the sand to see how high you could detect it? The other thing it might be are metal T stakes that held the trees while they grew.

Many times when smaller trees are planted, pegs with lines to the tree are used to support the tree until it gets bigger. I've come across these many times. It's best not to damage the roots, might kill the tree. You don't want to do that. Oh, and your getting good depth on that machine.

Large and certain round objects will show up in the 90s, no matter the composition. The pinpoint button will help you size the object. A half dollar will pinpoint much smaller than a crushed pop can though both might read the same VID. Another way to tell is that if the signal is half dollar at 3 inches and you dig 6 or 7 inches and it is still in the ground, it is not a half dollar but something much larger like a pop can at 8 inches or a cast iron stove part at a foot or more.