Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I’m never satisfied..

IowaRelic

I bought an Omega 8500 “kit” new a few weeks ago. It has good performance, just not really what I’m looking for. Short lived, but just wanted to see how it acted compared to the 8000 I had.

I sold the 8500 and turned around and got a Patriot. FT had it listed on the auction for 260$, factory refurnished. I’ll take the risk. Has 1 year warranty. So I’ll use it and see how it does. I’m wanting a good yard, park, and curb strip machine with 0-15 iron range, can use concentric coils, and has the audio/punch of the T2/F75. For the money, this was it. F70 is a cult style machine. I’m ready to join up.

Good luck, have fun.
About a million setting combinations possible, I have tried about 2365 of them so far.
Search my name and "F70, settings" in the F Series forum, I have written about most of them and the results in there.
The good thing is most of them work and work well.

Good luck, have fun.
About a million setting combinations possible, I have tried about 2365 of them so far.
Search my name and "F70, settings" in the F Series forum, I have written about most of them and the results in there.
I’ve read and re-read many of your posts over the years! How’s the F5 stacking up to the F70?

I’ve read and re-read many of your posts over the years! How’s the F5 stacking up to the F70?
Pretty good, supposedly similar to the 8500 in many ways.
Having fun with it, different than the F70 so not bored with it and that's a good thing.
Not quite as deep as the F70 exactly, decently deep, though, and more stable them on the F70 especially at depth which is what I hoped for and why I got it.
A frequency thing.
A nice team, both together at most sites should do a pretty good job cleaning up I would think.

These newest machines are crazy light weight. The time ranger pro was that way and this Patriot is too. Looks to be the same shaft setup and grip actually. This 11x7 coil has the built in type cover like the red on the time ranger pro. Only this one is black.

The F70 / patriot is sort of a hidden surprise for those who check it out. Honestly, the F5 is also one that kind of got overlooked by many ... including me as I had an Omega 8000 that I really liked for urban Coin & Jewelry Hunting. The F5, like the F70, uses the 0-15 Iron Range with a '15' break-point between Ferrous and Non-Ferrous. The F5, however, is not anything like the Omega-8500. i bought both of those and several others a few months ago to do some evaluations of detectors selling for $550 or less.

The F5 does a lot of things the Omega-8500 doesn't do, and has some nice adjustable functions not found on many other detectors today. I have a lot of detectors I am still selling, having only parted with a T2+ and Racer 2. I'll get photos this weekend and get them all listed again, but so far the Omega-8500 has the fewest views, even though it is priced very low. i have all the detectors I can handle or need for my personal outfit, but out of the 7 to 9 detectors I purchased for the evaluation, it was the Fisher F5 that impressed me the most in the way of performance, adjustment functions, and overall performance on some tough tests.

Monte

Good luck, have fun.
I think you need to write a manual for the F 70, based on your knowledge of the machine.

The F70 / patriot is sort of a hidden surprise for those who check it out. Honestly, the F5 is also one that kind of got overlooked by many ... including me as I had an Omega 8000 that I really liked for urban Coin & Jewelry Hunting. The F5, like the F70, uses the 0-15 Iron Range with a '15' break-point between Ferrous and Non-Ferrous. The F5, however, is not anything like the Omega-8500. i bought both of those and several others a few months ago to do some evaluations of detectors selling for $550 or less.

The F5 does a lot of things the Omega-8500 doesn't do, and has some nice adjustable functions not found on many other detectors today. I have a lot of detectors I am still selling, having only parted with a T2+ and Racer 2. I'll get photos this weekend and get them all listed again, but so far the Omega-8500 has the fewest views, even though it is priced very low. i have all the detectors I can handle or need for my personal outfit, but out of the 7 to 9 detectors I purchased for the evaluation, it was the Fisher F5 that impressed me the most in the way of performance, adjustment functions, and overall performance on some tough tests.

Monte
Yea and the f5 just look cool,low profile thing and lay out on a carbon fiber background