Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I’ve been away ... V4 upgrade to 5.2?

gregD

Apologies for the rather dated question. Ive been away from the hobby for a while. I have an older Deus running 4.0..... is there a benefit from going to the most recent version (v5.2 i think)

I do not have an XP pinpointer, not do i have an HF or x35 coil.

i had seen some mixed reviews on different versions so i want to see if the group here had arrived at a consensus

Lots of guys swear by the x35. I've used the 9 and 5x10 hf coils on the Orx. I like the 5x10, not so much the 9 .. I'm a coin hunter and still prefer the 9 lf coil on my deus over both. Just my opinion, if I were a relic hunter I'd probably think differently tho

Depends on your coil. The 5.2 was designed to eliminated increased chatter and interaction problems with the IF coils and the Deus pinpointers. Won't affect performance on the x35 and HF's. I upgraded to the 5.2 when I still had the IF coils. Only have the x35 and HF's now but I still like the 5.2. Best.

Does 5.2 have any known issue while using the LF coils?
Depends on your coil. The 5.2 was designed to eliminated increased chatter and interaction problems with the IF coils and the Deus pinpointers. Won't affect performance on the x35 and HF's. I upgraded to the 5.2 when I still had the IF coils. Only have the x35 and HF's now but I still like the 5.2. Best.

I went ahead an updated. Seems to work fine. Hoping to get some time outisde over the weekend. I know some people reported a loss in sensitivity going from 3.2 to 4 so hopefully thats not an issue with 5.2