Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I actually got out and detected today.

Dang

XLT finds the goods.

Trying to get back into it . Detecting that is.
XLT seems like a good rebegining machine. Like to get my hands on a decent pair of headphones and a Royal 800!!

Looks like you are on your way back into the fold, welcome back. The XLT was my very first detector back in 1994, got pretty good with it by writing and saving custom programs. With a higher preamp gain setting and a smaller coil.. a person can slow down the sweep speed some, But not Tesoro slow. Do you like it as well as your old Toltec 100? I have a Toltec 100 and they are a blast to run, really accurate in the nickel range and when it says penny, dime or quarter, 95% of the time it's telling the truth....LOL

Hombre said:
Looks like you are on your way back into the fold, welcome back. The XLT was my very first detector back in 1994, got pretty good with it by writing and saving custom programs. With a higher preamp gain setting and a smaller coil.. a person can slow down the sweep speed some, But not Tesoro slow. Do you like it as well as your old Toltec 100? I have a Toltec 100 and they are a blast to run, really accurate in the nickel range and when it says penny, dime or quarter, 95% of the time it's telling the truth....LOL

I miss my toltec. It sure was a good unit. I occasionally browse ebay to see if ones up for auction.

The XLT is a bit more complicated than the toltec. I figure I got only ten hours with it so far if that. Not a lot. I been reading and re reading the manual to grasp what all the settings are about. Haha...I thought the toltec 100 was complicated at first too!

???????????????????????????????????????????????

Elton said:
???????????????????????????????????????????????
yeah, one of me and Jimmy Sierra finding a bucket of silver dollars at the Goat Doctors farm located near me. Probably a walmart there now.

well digging a Walmart parking lot would make a nice cartoon........... with the police showing up LOL

Elton said:
well digging a Walmart parking lot would make a nice cartoon........... with the police showing up LOL
Yes it would. You're a natural cartoon editor elton.