Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I Almost killed the CZ 7a Pro

GoGoGopher

The CZ 7a Pro almost died on the operating table, but I pulled it through...It was a tough surgery, but she made it with only a few sponges left in her gut...
I was trying to get more of the sand, grit out of the inside of the control box (how it made it's way in there is beyond me...I put a connector back on the boards backwards, and the machine would not make any sound...I had to fiddle with it to figure out which connector was wrong, but I finally got it working again. I had to put a new plug on the 8" coil (no easy task if you do not have 4 hands)...I DID snap the threaded end off 2 of the standoffs inside the box, but I can find replacements for them at a hardware store, electronics store, computer store, or online if Fisher does not have them. Should only cost a couple bucks at the hardware store if they have them.
I am glad I did not have to hold a funeral for her...I hope I do not have to open the box again now...I may send her back to Texas for a checkup over the winter months, just so I know she is in tip top shape for next spring.

HH,

Draw a picture before the operation or take a picture as it helps.

Electronic repair shops can repair the plug in minutes and above all test the solder joints for optimum performance......had that done several times when I used to hipmount every unit I used as hipmounting can cause strain on the connectors....Am sure we have guys that have the equipment and experience but best 5 bucks I ever spent and the guy did it in front of me in minutes at most...

You are braver than me. I would have stopped with a little compressed air. When I sent my CZ to Tom, he said mine was full of stuff too. He cleaned it out for me.