Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I am back after 7 month fight with cancer, 1st hunt

T.A.L.LasVegas

It has been a long hard fight for the last seven months fighting cancer and just as I was starting to master my x Terra 705 in the park across the street and now I have to start over.
I lost my X-Terra 705 gold because I had to sell it for bills and medicine but my six month old son replaced it yesterday with the X-Terra 705 not the 705 gold (they seem sold out because of some gold rush) for fathers day. I just had major surgery to remove the cancer six weeks ago so my hunts will be very short because I am still recovering.
At 5:00AM I woke up and decided to try my new MD out across the street at the park, I only lasted about thirty minutes but in the thirty minutes I found $2.00 in clad and dug five pieces of trash that had consistent sound and TID # as expected; I would have to say I prefer the 705 gold pack coil to the stock coil because it seams to have way better separation in this trashy park, I think any DD coil would do way better for me in these trashy parks. I guess ill just have to slow down and accept the fact I'll miss targets because of separation differences between the concentric and DD coils, :( :( I miss my dd coil :( :( oh well I guess that's life.

HH
Todd L.

Good to have you back Todd!
$2 in thirty minutes sounds like they've left the park alone awaiting your return.

Have patience with the stock coil and it will pay off. The loss of separation slowing you down is something that you may find to have been benificial when you do finally get another DD.

Thank you Old Longhair!
Yeah I think I'm the only one who hunts the school park so I like fishing it every summer because I do not want to hang around a school durring the school time of year. The park was good for almost $400.00 in clad and 11 ounces of silver jewelry last summer and I am hoping for more of the same :)

HH
Todd

Thank you kneedit

HH
Todd

Thank you for the prayers.

HH
Todd

Good luck in your recovery! Hope it stays away for good! That is a great Fathers day present and it looks like you didn't miss a beat! Nice 30 min. hunt! Congrats!

welcome back to the hunt.My family has been touched by cancer.You will be in my thoughts and prayers.Nothing but luck and well wishes to you.

Hoping for a complete recovery. Enjoy the new MD.

Good luck and God bless.

Jeff

Thank you everyone for the kind words, blessings and prayers.

HH
Todd

Thank you Bill!
The big C has been a roller coaster but I'm finally feeling like the big C has lost and I will be able to watch my six month old son grow up and dig many fun targets.

HH
Todd

Welcome back! Prayers said.

WOW $2.00 I went out last friday with loosecannon from here and found .23 cents. My best so far. Way to go!

Welcome back mate :thumbup:
You just cant keep an old swinger down :)