Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I am confused about detecting machines

Glen in Maine

I have a F 75 at this time actually one of the originals and I am considering buying or trading up to the best Fisher 75 which will have a great opportunity in the spring or a Garretts AT Pro which they are going to do an upgrade on this spring. I would appreciate it very much if you can answer me a couple questions one do you prefer one over the other if so why and if you have another recommendation. I am a fairly good detector guest and I have been doing it for about 7 to 8 years. Thank you very much for helping me out or at least steering me in the right direction .

Don't know how the Pro matches against a F75, but. It is waterproof to 10 feet. So no worries when it's raining or if you want to wade a little. So I'd keep your present F75. Get the AT Pro than decide. Nice having either one of them as a back up.

I have them both and use them both. They actually compliment each other. I mainly old coin hunt and for the typical trashy old park or house site type of hunt I usually swing the A T Pro. I love the tones of the A T and it lock on tid....and it is water proof.

The F 75 LTD2 DST comes into play when I need a little extra depth, for woods hunting and hunting over tall grass and stubble. For these conditions the boost mode is great and does work. For trashy spots, the 5" coil is a laser and gets great depth. To accomplish similar results with the A T Pro I deemed it necessary to go to a after market coil. NEL, in fact. Good luck! HH jim tn