Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I am considering a 13 inch coil

tks for the info @huntindog. i'm unsure whether they'll question my amazon 'receipt' as the only way i could see to furnish one was to just print off the invoice on the amazon order page.

/guy

I've never used a machine w this size of coil (13"), that I able to cover as much ground so fast w no fatigue.

Can't wait to try it on the beach!

well, i forgot one way i'd be notified they'd accepted the paperwork--my bank sends a credit card charge notice which i got today. so i guess my large coil will be on the way. not much help 'till it gets warmer though.

/guy

I dont qualify for the coil promo, guess I will wait for the new 11 inch instead. ..boo!!

i suspect i wouldn't be getting the large coil if not for the deep discount. along with coin and jewelry hunting i'd also like to be able to search for meteorites and relics and from what i've read a larger coil and the ability to use the 4khz frequency should be better for those uses.

the deus is my first detector (well, technically i did get an ace250 first, but i was completely unable to see the display and was unable to find a way to unmount the head and put it somewhere i could see it) and i've never even seen anyone do any detecting except on youtube videos, so i'm a complete and utter newbie. i thought i'd be able to learn how to use it inside before i started going out for hunts, but i hadn't counted on how much interference there would be in my tiny apartment. at least i know now i'll never had to buy a stud finder!

/guy

I feel a little ripped off here. I bought my XP Deus back in August last year (2012) and I can't get this special...not cool, why not honor all XP Deus owners.

If anyone has purchased the machine during this special promotional period and is not going to take advantage of the large coil offer...please PM me , maybe I can get someone to buy it at that price and sell it to me.

"Ripped off" . . . . . . So you've never bought anything that had a sale a month after you got it home or the price dropped with a new model coming out? There's been planty of detectors that had new models released with little fanfare and many people had just bought what they thought was the latest and greatest . . . . .

How about the dealers that have the larger coil in stock that actually paid more for the coil than customers are able to buy it for now . . . . . . which is the case, the coil special is actually under dealer cost. Dealers a make nothing off this promotion and in fact are left sitting on stock that they can't sell unless it is to an existing owner since the MAP is more than the promotion price.

The fact that V3.0 will be released at no cost says a lot about XP. You are not going to be ripped off as you put it by being forced to buy a new detector which is what many companies would have required you to do if you wanted the new features.

Maybe you can find someone that will sell you the larger coil for the $299 but realistically, if they bought it and did not like it, they could easily sell it for more than what they paid in short order. XP Americas made a great offer on the coil and it saves customers a great deal when they buy a Deus . . . . this offer was not made to people outside of North America so how do you think others feel that never had that option afforded to them . . . . .

Andy Sabisch

I paid full price for my large coil, happy to have it, the 9" is over $500 if had to be replaced because you ran over it with your truck. How much do you think the 11" is going to be? Thats the reality. The 300 was a promotion to move stock, you can't find a used one for that price anywhere.

Andy Sabisch said:
"Ripped off" . . . . . . So you've never bought anything that had a sale a month after you got it home or the price dropped with a new model coming out?

Andy Sabisch

A case in point: I repair chainsaws as a hobby. I recently bought two cylinders from a major American dealer at full price and they put a flyer in the shipment box that offered a sale on the very cylinders for 20% less. Do you think they would honor the sale price on those cylinders - NOT! Was I ripped off??? No, just my bad luck and nothing else. There is a reason for the old addage: "A day late and a dollar short".

hahah tell me about it...its no biggie at all to me, something will come across soon or maybe some deal on the 11 inch who knows. Like Andy said "ever miss out on a sale at the store" everyday!!

I just got the 13"X11" coil today that "Goodmore" sold me. Wow this is a big coil!! Adding the new coil to the Control Unit and headphones could not have been easier. Took it out for about a 45 minute test. Yes, the weight difference over the stock coil was noticeable at first but it quickly faded. I think this will be a get addition to the XP Deus for search the dry sand at the beaches...cover alot more real estate that for sure.

20130301_152137_zpse0ed0417.jpg

i got mine in a few days ago and it is humongous! despite the light weight of the deus (one of two reasons i abandoned the ace250 for the deus) i'm already doing right arm exercises with a 5lb weight to help ensure my arm won't collapse my first trip out so hopefully i can trade or trade in this 13" coil for the 11" when it becomes available as i'm pretty sure i won't need something this large.

one question though, in some of the deus reviews it is mentioned that you have to have the large coil in order to use the 4khz freq. is this true? perhaps it was true for v1 but not for v2 perhaps?

/guy

Not true. 4khz works with the small coil.

gteague said:
one question though, in some of the deus reviews it is mentioned that you have to have the large coil in order to use the 4khz freq. is this true? perhaps it was true for v1 but not for v2 perhaps?

/guy

Not sure about V1, but not true for V2. I have run the 4khz freq. with the stock coil many times. I read all the reviews I could find on the XP Deus before purchasing and I never have seen that stated anywhere. Andy is probably the most knowledgeable one on this forum for this machine and has wrote reviews...I'm sure he can definitively answer that question.

i'll try to find and cite the ref ...

... ah, here is one of them already:

[pre]
The Deus has 4 frequency channels, the 4 Khz can only be obtained when the large coil is fitted
[/pre]

http://www.garysdetecting.co.uk/xp_deus_metal_detector.htm

/guy

gteague said:
i'll try to find and cite the ref ...

... ah, here is one of them already:

[pre]
The Deus has 4 frequency channels, the 4 Khz can only be obtained when the large coil is fitted
[/pre]

http://www.garysdetecting.co.uk/xp_deus_metal_detector.htm

/guy

Please check out this thread...I made 4 videos showing the XP Deus on multiple targets at each of the 4 different frequencies. I made the videos using the stock 9" coil.

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?83,1771918

I have also hunted in the 4 kHz frequency with the small coil. The problem I find is the lower I set the frequency on my detector the more interference I encounter. This can be dealt with to a degree by turning down the reactivity. But it is very easy for me to tell that the Deus just performs better in the two upper frequencies. So then why use the bottom two? I like to ignore the micro targets at junky sites. The bottom two frequencies do a much better job at that. Plus the bottom two frequencies will hit the high conductors better. But if you want speed and stability you need to keep the Deus in an upper frequency in my opinion. Also working around electrical wires and stuff like that are much more noticeable on the lower frequencies to me.

The large coil does seem to handle the lower frequencies better in my opinion. Large coil in 4 kHz is about as deep as you will hit with the Deus. The detector is truly a very versatile machine.

I hope that version three deals with these issues. Like I said in a prior post Version two is far from perfect. Still it is a wonderful detector that has it's place in my arsenal. I hit three Indians yesterday in a site that targets are few between. I was using a tweaked Deus fast program. I dropped the reactivity to two and jacked it up to 94. I hit one Indian about 9 inches. That Deus fast program is hard to beat in my opinion. It just seems to light up targets. Amazing stuff.

Quote;

If you have an established test garden, find a silver coin at a decent depth with your Deus stock coil running 12 or 18khz paying attention to the tone strength and horseshoe signal, then switch it to 4khz and you'll notice a stronger tone and better horseshoe signal but you might also notice more noise interference as well. This scenario happened to me once when I recovered a mercury dime at 8". I was using a 12khz program and got a very faint signal, no TID, and just a blip on my horseshoe. Switched to 4khz and the signal was a little louder, horseshoe showed just a little more but still no TID.