Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I am finally a completed hunter. . . .

ejudasf

hello fellas.

I just want to talk about my equipment for a while. Actually, I am so proud that I feel so complete for any situation.

I have 2 Sovereigns. The Elite and the GT. I also have the Excalibur. But in the coils, I have the 8-inch BBS, 8-inch Coin Search, 10-inch Tornado, and the S-12.

I have all the coils I will ever need.

I have descent sand scoops, descent hand trowels, and shovels.

I also use the TreasureMate Pin-pointer. The last pin-pointer you'll ever use.

I am not in nugget country, so I really don't NEED a nugget detector, but I understand the GT can be used with 'alright' results.

Now I gotta get out there and do some detecting.

Laterz

ed

You have what you need from the sounds of it and only a few things I would have you didn't mention and one is my Lesche digging tool and I would not be without my Sun Ray S1 probe, ever try one?? I feel my success with the Sovereign on the deeper and older coins have been made possible by this probe.
Another thing I wont go without anymore is the Trash Treasure bag Sun Ray makes as it is made out of leather, has a nice pouch for the trash(big enough for my water bottle too), place for my Lesche digger, 2 spots for my screwdriver probes for the surface targets and also two pockets for my coins I find and these pockets have Velcro flaps on them so I don't lose my finds. Oh!! one more thing I now carry and use is some knee pads, I learned it sure saves on the old knees when you are in some rough ground.
Coil wise the 8 inch coin search does a great job along with the S12 as I found none better for a big coil and this 10 inch Tornado coil now used on the Elite and GT is without a doubt one of the better Minelab coils I have ever used. The only other coil I like for my hunting is the Sun Ray S8 coil as I feel this coil will separate better than any other 8 inch coil, plus seems to go deeper once you understand it.

Now if our winter would get over so we can get out and start pulling some history out of the ground again. It has been 10-25 below zero for the last 4 or 5 days and looks like for the rest of this week.

I think you should try an S1 probe as Rick mentioned , once you use it for a few days you will wonder why you didnt get one sooner , I think you sound happy and thats a great thing ........go get some silver and gold and show it off .......

yet !

One day, I might get the urge to get one, especially if it goes on sale on one of the forums. I am a little weary about adding additional weight, but I guess its very little if any.

The 8-incher SunRay coil is another coil I might get as well. If so, I'll prolly sell the 8-inch BBS to off-set any price difference the wife might ask about.

I am also intrested in either a 5X10 coil by coiltek or their 'new' one they came out with for the Explorer. If only they would have made it for the Sovereign. I think it was a 9X12 or something. I am going blank right now.

I also use a skater's knee pad, and I use a 3-in-1 digger.

My 3-in-1 has trianglular serrations cut into both sides and I find it really is easy to cut through grass roots like a hot knife through butter.

One day, I will have it all. but I am very content with what I have now. I can only hope I can get away from the corum classifieds for a while, and stop drooling over some of the kewl stuff that goes for sale.

Laterz

ed