Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I am finally convinced the V3i is worth every penny

NormS

In the back of my mind i have wondered since i bought the V3i whether it was worth the money over my ATP. Having struggled with it the 1st 4 or 5 times out I was somewhat skeptical. I am no longer skeptical because every time i have hunted an area i previously hunted with my ATP I have found more. I am of the belief that one can never find it all in an area but when I find more than a coin or two I missed in an area i hunted and come close to finding the same amount i did with my ATP I am finally convinced this is the Cadillac of detectors.

I been hunting the same area since back in Dec and it keeps producing. I just started experimenting in Hi Pro yesterday so I decided yesterday I would hunt an area I had hunted really hard with my ATP. I went to an area I had found over $14 with my ATP and said to myself if i find over 75 cents walking back to my truck i will keep hunting. Well I found 75 cents in less than 100'. I decided to cover the area completely and in 2-1/2 hours I found $7,69 in clad, This is a soccer field that like i said I had covered it with my ATP hunting both ways. There are 6 soccer fields in this area I have found over $75 so far. I keep going back because it keeps producing. Since the 1st of March I have hunted 11 days and found over $59 in clad so far,

It amazes me how much a little tweak can make a difference. The amount one can do with this detector is somewhat overwhelming but that is what makes it so great. I bought it for the challenge but more than that I wanted a detector that could do as much or more than any detector on the market. I have read where many people sell their V3i because it is too complicated. Because of all the options one has that is what makes it so good. I am sure most users find or make their own programs that work best for them. I am not comfy enough to start making my own programs because I want to do it systematically

I want to learn it well enough to learn how to change things on the fly without wondering what I am doing. I keep reading all i can on the Whites forum and try to apply what I read to hunting. I am not sure how the band ranges effect the swing speed etc yet because i have tried different bands and it seems to make no difference but i am just starting to experiment so I probably don't notice and subtle differences.

The more I use and learn about the V3i the more it produces.

The V will definitely keep you busy.........:detecting:

Wait till you start swinging real slow with a bigger coil in mixed mode stereo. You will be shocked at all the targets people have left behind. What is a person supposed to do with all the old wheat pennies? I have piles of them.