Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I am getting to go camping at Chickamauga Battlefield!!

88junior

Guys I am getting to go camping tomorrow in Chickamauga Battlefield!! How cool is that, not just anybody gets to camp there just reenactors and boy scouts and cub scouts, I think that's about all. I am a Webelo Cub Scout leader and this is going to be one of the coolest places we've camped. I enjoy just taking in the statues and try to think back to the days before,during, & after the battle and just how many lives were lost 5000 total I think. I have been a big time Civil War buff all my life.

That sounds like it will be a very nice camp out for you and the boys alike.

Have a great time and take some nice pics. cch

Chickamauga is incredible. Just incredible. Enjoy your stay there. As you said, the statues are remarkable. Everytime I get down that way with my family, I insist on us going to see the battlefield, especially Snodgrass Hill where General Thomas did his thing. Be sure to see the Thomas headquarters monument if you haven't already. As you stand on Snodgrass Hill, where most of the bigger statues are, it's kind of behind your left shoulder down a little road/path downhill a bit. It's worth walking a small distance out of the way to see it. You feel a connection with General Thomas and his men. It's eerie. Safe travels.

Anyone thats been there got pix you can post?

I was there in 2008 in Freeman's battery burning the powder, it was hot as heck matter of fact they had a spectator to have a heart attack and die, our tents were in the open but at night it was pretty cool, VP Dick Chaney was there his great grandfather fought there as a LT on the union side, it was great!

It was a portrait of his grandfather in the brochure of the battle, and the two favored each other a lot , it was secret service swarming everywhere but it was a blast, just to damn hot !

We hauled three original artillery pieces there, and one was a bronze tube 1861 gun that was cast in Memphis , tenn a very cool piece of history to shoot!

I was at the reenactment in 2008. Dick Cheney didn't allow them to play Dixie there while he was visiting. Political correctness I guess. As you can see my user name is Chickamauga. I picked it because it is one of my favorite battlefields to visit. I don't live to far away and I try to go there at least once a year. Just look out for old green eyes.