Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I am hearing about great finds with the AT Gold, but ?

Pioneerman

I am hearing about all of the great finds with the AT Gold, but l would like to know how much depth owners are getting with their new machines.
Depth is the most important issue to me.

Pioneerman

There's not much difference in the AT Pro and Gold as far as "depth".....when your putting the apples (pennies) with the apples (pennies) , but the "Gold" was not made to compete with the AT Pro.........its saving grace is its ability to find tiny mid conductors, specifically gold at deeper depths proportionally to the size of the gold to its depth

For the sake of brevity if your MOST important issue is DEPTH then get a :garrett: PI unit......and a sturdy good shovel, a good back, and good luck!

HH
QH

Question was, how much depth are AT Gold users getting from their new machines. I am not really looking for a comparisons between the AT Pro and AT Gold. (specific to the AT Gold only) Before I would layout 6 bills on a new detector I would like to know how much depth owners are getting on "say" a clad dime, copper penny or silver coins in real world hunts only, not air test.

Pioneerman

The AT Gold has a true all metal. As we all know, all metal gets best depth. The AT Gold does very well in the depth department!

I would stick with the AT Pro. Lower freq machine that is more optimal for higher conductor coins.

Yes Pioneerman , if depth is the most important issue to you, invest your bucks

into a deep seeking P I :detecting:

Good Luck with your choice

H H Les

I do not have the AT Gold, but to answer your question, it SHOULD get as good depth as you could expect with ANY VLF machine because it does have the true all-metal mode. Watch some videos on youtube with guys using the AT Gold and you can get a feel for what your looking for.

[size=large]what i'm reading is, nobody knows yet what the max depth is. they can answer your question by telling what's been their deepest find so far. that seems to me to be your question. once again though you need to know from those who hunt in your areas. my getting only eight inches here may be 11" in your area. and that's provided we use the same settings. so although your question is pretty straight forward the answers won't do you any good with-out the rest of the info. jmho

HH [/size]

Thank you All for your input to my question I really appreciate it. I know that the AT Gold is a new detector and all of the reviews are not in yet and it is hard to find an answer to the depth question. I am 99% sure that there will be a new AT (Gold or Pro) in my hands sometime this week. I like where Garrett is going with these machines, ability to hunt in water (two thumbs up) Threshold on the Gold (Superb) 5 X 8 DD Coil (Excellent).

Pioneerman

I have been pulling coins out at 6" and it seems to be tweaked to also be hot on silver.....

TRUEALLMETALMODEVS-1.jpg

9X12ONATGOLD.jpg

Impressive depth readings there for the AT Gold especially the 14K rings. Men's rings I suppose ? considering the size. Woman's rings being a smaller size would probably give you slightly less depth.
Question: Using the 5 X 8 Coil was that an air test.

Pioneerman

6" seems to be the max for me with my soil conditions. The ATG does hit small gold targets up to 4" deep which is good for such a small target. This was with the stock coil and you should do better with a larger coil. the higher frequency hits hard on the smallest targets. You will need a good pinpointer to find them.

Tom in SC