Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I am prepared to finish out my career with Jurassic Park era detectors.....

I just got started in the hobby a couple of years ago thanks to Bryce. He got my friend Dave hooked on it...then got me as well. Dave and I both bought brand new SE's with the pro coil. I might pick up a new one and set it back just not sure yet. I have no problem buying and using whatever works best for me and right now I love the SE.

Impressive arsenal there Bryce!

I bought a nice Explorer II for backup when I modified my other Explorer II. I couldn't stand to take apart one without having another, just in case. Both have the Sun Ray Probe. Thankfully the mods came out nice, and it still worked! I have two std 10.5" coils, the Pro Coil, 5" and 8" Sun Ray coils.

I can't believe the Explorer series production has come and gone. Dang! It was a great machine.

Who wants to pay $500 to $1200 more for a ML that works comparably?? Good effin' Lord!

It is their business, and I hope they are making wise decisions.

HH - BF

Quite a lineup there Bryce , I would say you are stocked up well .

Good to hear you picked yourself up another EX2 Big Fang . I did the same and also stocked up on a few different coils while people were selling stuff off to get the CTX's . Along with the Explorer 2 and an SE I have a couple of detectors of other brands that I also use and like . I'm getting up there in years so I'm thinking I probably have more than enough equipment to last til' my detecting days are over .

A toast to the Explorer a true oldie but goodie !!:beers::thumbup::clapping:

I currently have an E-trac with the stock pro coil,x-8 which I use most the time and x-5. I also have a Tom tuned CZ-3D I will never part with as I found my oldest coin to date with it a 1816 Large cent about 10'' on edge! And since I love CZ's,I just picked up a CZ-7 a Pro as The older 7a Pro can be run a little hotter than most digital CZ's in my area. And I got a smokin' deal on a like new one from the original owner! And the little 5'' CZ hockey puck for the trash. I had some of the bigger CZ coils before my shoulder issues so I sold them. Don't really need them with CZ's any ways as they are plenty hot with the stock 8''!

Bryce,

My Etrac for inland and my Explorer II for the beach is all I need (and have left!). Wouldn't mind picking up an Excal one of these days.

Why Minelab is discontinuing the Explorer but keeping the Safari & X-Terra is beyond me.

Always enjoy your posts, buddy. And now I'm really envious of your detector arsenal!

Bill

Until my used one falls apart...this is staying in the box:clapping:

[attachment 246144 davese2.jpg]

I started off with the musketeer advantage then the Quattro,se then the e-trac but always keep the se in the truck its been very good to me

Sorry Bryce, I never saw you post anything found with your CZ-70 (as you say you still use it).
I would love to hear your evaluation of that machine.

Bryce,

That is quite the collection. Ever see the album cover for Pink Floyd's Umma Gumma?

I just saw a couple of Coin Hustlers sell on ebay for about what I paid for mine in the mid-seventies. Think I started detecting at age 12 or 13 and I'm a 1963 child myself. Not sure that detector is supposed to have the magical see through iron that some attribute to early Compass models. Also have a Compass Coin Magnum in pieces that I need to reassemble. Otherwise just the original Explorer XS. Bought a F-75 a few years later because of the quicker response but found in trash not having the 2-D display like the Explorer ended up digging much more junk.

Chris

This post is great. I have an explorer 2 and an SE and they arent going anywhere. I will be open for a performance upgrade over the years too. I love seeing what everyone uses.

"Umma Gumma"....1969-1970 or so?:thumbup:

I know of a few fellers who still find just as much if not more than the rest of us with their trusty XS's.:beers:

That was a great machine...and still is.