Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I am so bummed!-powerlines wouldn't let me hunt...

christopher-ohio

with the X-Terra 50 at a primo spot. I just went up to an 1880's farmhouse that I've hunted before with my CZ-70 and found many early wheats, a few IH's, and other old house stuff including oil lamp mantles but never any silver. I thought for day #2, why not see what happens. I've hunted there with my CZ-70 without too much problem except for all the iron. I tried the 3D but it was just too trashy to use there. I turned the X-Terra on and it starts going nuts. The numbers were jumping from -9 to 12 along with super fast variable tones. I turned it off, took the batteries out, and tried it again. Same thing. I then tried to adjust sensitivity with no improvement. The same with all 3 noise cancel channels-0 was the best. The pinpoint even pulsed in tone with the inner ring going in and out. Ground balance was a constant hum. I look up and see a main feeder line right along the property line. I walked around the house with no improvement. I then just left. I came home, turned it on and it's fine. I had a similar experience with a Coinstrike. This just taught me a lesson to always bring 2 detectors just in case...but the place is only five minutes away. Next time, maybe the EX II since I've never used it there or the CZ-70...HH

You will most likely have some problem with the EX2 also but with Noise Cancel and try both Manual and Semi-auto Sensitivity can work it out. I am not sure why but under some very high power lines I hunt on private property there are area where manual does best and others where manual does best under the power lines. I find the one that does the best and by adjusting the sensitivity can hunt with no problems but at times have to drop the sensitivity down to 16 to about 20.

Ex II under power lines and had no problems.... I should have an X-Terra 50 this week and see what it does under the same circumstances.... No problem with Soverigns or Quattro in the same place.... Tnx Richard