Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I can see where I will need CTX cliff notes coming from a VDI world

Well the CTX arrived today. I spent an hour running it in the yard with sample targets and then spent 45 minutes in a park I have hunted with 3 different detectors and gave up on this winter because the returns were so few. But with this machine and very little experience I found 5 coins and 2 pieces of trash in under an hour. And did I mention these were not new coins? They were all 5+ inches deep and no coin was newer than the mid 80's. Not to shabby Minelab!

What I am going to need to have a better understanding of is what 12 24, 13 44, and so on means. With my V3i a VDI of 83-86 was a quarter 95% of the time. When I looks at some the target lists I see the same numbers across many different targets. And I also understand that the V3i is targeting a US audience and the CTX is more international. That is fine, but I do not see much detail on what the machine is telling the user in the material that came with the detector.

Does anyone have any good resources to use to help get me up to speed? Right now we are speaking different languages and I have been hunting mostly by tone alone.

Thanks,

The Shark

Here is a link to the chart towards the top of this forum. You've probably already checked it out.

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?87,1731336

Using that as a guide initially might help with the TID numbers. If you go into XChange2 and open a tone profile of a mode, you will see that the screen is divided into 1750 segments. The Ferrous from top to bottom of the screen goes from 1-35 and the Conductive from left to right is 1-50. A target with the TID of 12/45 is on the FE 12 line and the CO 44 line and is indicated at the intersection of those two lines. If it's a coin, it most likely would be a copper penny (modern zinc cents usually are 12/37 or so) or a dime. But the in ground numbers can vary some from bench scans for a number of reasons. Since you have already gone out and found some coins, you are on your way......Good Luck