Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I collect Coast Guard Items,

Ron J

Uniforms, Equipment, Belts, Dishes , forks, spoons etc.Coast Guard Ship models, specially Lightships. I have items displayed in a museum in Barnstable on Cape Cod. I recently had a large exhibit at a museum in Newburyport for three months.
I also have visited every location in Massachusetts, where there was or currently is, a Coast Guard base,or Life Saving Station from the 1900's. Except for Martha's Vineyard off Massachusetts. I am also a Director and Volunteer on the Nantucket Lightship, which is actually a museum in East Boston. The last two photos are part of my collection while on exhibit.

I have collected License plates from all over the U.S., mostly First issues and Porcelain only, going back to 1903. Collecting Muscle cars was also a hobby for about 20 years, mostly Pontiac GTO's. All gone now.. Just Coast Guard items.
Rj:usaflag:

Ron, nice collection of coast guard memorabillia. Back in 1973 I was stationed at Quonset Point, Rhode Island and my wife and I would go to a restaurant down the road called the Coast Guard Inn. I think it was an old lighthouse or something. Do you know anything about that?
Thanks Gary

and have visited the area a couple of years ago. So not to familiar. My Father was stationed at Winter island SAR from 1945 to 1950. Back then, He would go to QP for different training.
How long were you in? What State do you reside? Ron

Ron I was in the Navy from 1970-1974 and I live in Minnesota. I was only at Quonset for a few months before the Nixon administration closed the base down. I was with VS-31 an anti submarine squadron.
Gary

Hey I have a WW2 Merchant Marine hat if you collect that stuff. I thought it was CG when I bought it. It is in nice shape.

Here is a pic.

I joined the CG in 1993 but switched over to the Navy while I was waiting for a boot camp date..........Huge mistake..

I am in the air force now only because te CG was going to send me back to boot camp after 4 active and 4 reserve in the navy..

I have always wished I would have stayed the course with the CG.

Semper Parutus...
68-72...
CG Base New Orleans and CG Station Venice, La...
HH....
Sonny

Ron - I am a Coast Guard item, but you can't have me for your museum. AT2, 1968 - 1972, 3+ years at AVTRACEN Mobile, AL.

Flew in the HU-16 (Goat). HH3F and H-52. Was good duty, but not what I wanted to do the rest of my life.

Good collection.Semper Paratus. :coastgaurd:

PS: Very impressive collection...

Lost my flat hat....
Still have my uniform I had made while at Alameda Island..
Sonny

Have you ever been to Grand Haven, Michigan? It is known as Coast Guard City USA. They have a week long coast guard festival the first week of august every year. They used to keep their ice breakers there.