Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I couldn't stand it anymore.. I pre-ordered a Garrett ATpro .. I knew I shouldn't have got their new catalog. :smile:

Yeah-in one way or another this has been one very interesting few weeks. But the forums were slowing down a bit so it was nice of Garrett to give us the ACE 350 news and then BANG its the AT Pro. Altho I've only been around here a year plus this is the most activity about anything since the ACE 250 which kinda just slowly built to a huge following. Ain't it great to have this excitment/anticipation/anxiousness/opinions/observations on something none of us has seen or used?

Good Luck

Yep it is very exciting George! Cant wait to give one a try! (atpro)

Alan

Your are right George. I purchased mine based on Garrett's specs. I live near the beach and was looking for a light weight water proof detector. I know this won't be able to compete with the dual frequency and PI machines, but I don't care. When I am done detecting then I can just wash it off with fresh water and put it away. If you ever lived by the beach you know how the salt air can make things rust quickly. I sure don't want to use a $1,000 non water proof on the beach for that reason.
It also has some other features like High-Res iron discrimination and Tone Roll Audio. Time will tell how it really does, but then i don't have a fortune invested in it anyway.
I just detect for fun. I don't need to find all the coins or jewlerly to enjoy the hobby. :detecting:

HH

Oak -- sweet home Vero Beach

Yep went and pre ordered mine also.. I hunt fresh water and inland live by lake Erie.......

Yeah Garrett done it again like with the 250 - a high-priced detector at a low price. Can you imagine what other manufacturers would charge for a tector equipped like the AT and waterproof to boot.

Bill

I don't know Oak-but since a lot of finding stuff has to do with target masking, I'm thinking the Pro mode and the roll-over audio features may tilt the balance closer to the multifrequency detectors-I have a cheap Tesoro Compadre to use with my Ace and the ability to get closer to the iron minerals in discrimination abilities makes this cheap detector a good competitor. It's really awesome because I felt Tesoro was missing the boat by not improving on this ability but now that Garrett has done it's USUAL thing and LISTENED to what the customer says and now my dream will be finally realized-iron resolution WITH ID, and to top it all off-WATERPROOF.!