Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I.D. Excel coil on a Fisher 1266 ?

Salford44

Hi all you knowledgeable Fisher swingers,just wanting to know if a Fisher I.D. Excel coil that runs at 6-5 khz will fit the classic X Series machines,ie 1236,1266,1270 etc?? I live in the U.K.and trying to find a good 2nd hand coil for my Fisher X series machine and have the chance to buy a Excel coil but dont know if it will be compatible so asking here for advice,thanks in advance.

I don't think it will but you can try.
HH
Mike

Pass on that deal. Your 1266 'family' of detectors operate at 4.8 kHz and the Excel coil wouldn't be compatible. Even at the same frequency doesn't mean one coil will work on a different circuitry-designed detector .... unless they were designed to be compatible with a specific coil.

Monte

Pass on that deal. Your 1266 'family' of detectors operate at 4.8 kHz and the Excel coil wouldn't be compatible. Even at the same frequency doesn't mean one coil will work on a different circuitry-designed detector .... unless they were designed to be compatible with a specific coil.

Monte
Thanks for that info Monte, I thought if anyone would know it would be you,much appreciated,Cheers.

The ID Edge and Excel share the same coils. These two detectors were designed by a European engineer with a new concept in circuitry. The coils made for these two models will not work
with any other Fisher detector except for the Coinstrike with a wire change, The CS was also designed by this engineer. When Fisher was bought out by First Texas, those three models were discontinued
as was the circuit platform.

I own and have used the C$ for years and purchsaed a Fishser ID Edge donut coil some time back. The coil does not look like its been modded any way. From the outside compared to the origional Fisher Coinstrike Donut coil they look identical. I own both coils. The ID Edge works perfect.
The ID Edge and Excel share the same coils. These two detectors were designed by a European engineer with a new concept in circuitry. The coils made for these two models will not work
with any other Fisher detector except for the Coinstrike with a wire change, The CS was also designed by this engineer. When Fisher was bought out by First Texas, those three models were discontinued
as was the circuit platform.