Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I.D. help from a short hunt

nailfinder

went on a short hunt today for about two hours and came up with some pretty good stuff. found one pistol bullet, 3 dang old 3 ringers, one round ball .50cal. i think and one bigg round ball that i could use some help with the I.D. on a couple buckles and a thing with a c stamped in it. it kind of looks like it may have went on a belt of some kind. notice the big round ball has a hole in the bottom.

Can't help you on the other items you mentioned,but the bullets look like Sharps ringtails.. nice finds!!!!

Nailfinder,
Nice finds for sure. Some dang ole Ringtail sharps are great bullet finds. Looks to me like you may have a shoe buckle and some old non-descript saddle type buckles ? Too bad that "?" with the C doesnt have a S on the side of it. That one large round ball with the hole in it may have been used as a make shift end 'knob' for a ramrod. Nice post. cch

Good thought cch, makes sense to me. Anyone that has shot any type of the older muzzleloading rifles knows how hard that they are to load after just a few shots, I couldnt imagine how "gummed-up" that a barrel would become while trying to survive!