Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I.D.ing rusty nails

In the good 'ol VLF days,I used to be able to tell nails from good targets because they would "double beep" if the coil was passed along the length of the item.
I've experienced similar situations now and again with the EXP II when pin pointing.
Usually when I dig,it turns out to be a nail and nothing else nearby after removal.
Does anybody else notice that phenomenon ??
Is the double beep theory valid with these new type machines ??
Thanks for your input

What ive noticed even with the VCO its not as narrow so you have a wider foot print while in PP. So even if done correctly you may pick up near by targets which affect how the detector reacts. Could be because its a processed signal (giving you a screen and different tones) as opposed to other machines where it only has to know there is a target and not attempt a TID. DD coils arent the best for PP either since they only see a portion of the target much like a zerox function.

Dew

I dug one just last night. Old rusty nail and no other signals after removing nail. I also get double beeps often on pull tabs.