Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I did a tone test on my Skullies they worked fine

deepdiger60

Frank and Joe i did a test just now with a dug old Buffalo nickle which will always give off a low tone and a LC which is always a high tone the GT in disc. mode sens at 11 oclock , i used 2 sets of HP,s the skullies and my black widows as i thought i got a good low tone for the Buff and a high tone for the LC in both HP,s , then i tyred a silver ring and a gold ring 2 completely different tones , all test where done with the 12x10 coil so i figured i try the 8" CS coil same results , as far as i hear it i hear 2 different tones quit clearly with the Skullies , 1 foot note i noticed the comfort level my BW do not come close to the Skullies the BW,s feel like a vise on my ears in comparison .This morning ill be going out with my buddy Joe the Plumber and ill listen to the tones with the Skullies . Jim
P.S. this coming week temps in the HIGH 60,S !!! :detecting:

Re: I did a small MOD on OBN,s Skullies
Posted by: OldBeechnut [ Send a Message ]
Date: April 07, 2013 12:00AM

fsa
Been doing a lot of testing for tones with the DF. So far all tones seem to be the same, all high. Even going over a bottle cap or foil is giving me a high tone. Are yours doing the same Jim ?

I have a 3 year old coin garden a good mix of coins and rings at different depths i used the Skullies on my GT i get the normal sounds each target is supposed to give high,s on silver rings and clad quarters and lows on gold and nickles , foil i tryed it,s a very low tone . so they work just fine Joe . Jim :thumbup: